Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Need help with my N80

Need help with my N80

Hey everybody, I am from USA. I just got my N80 today, and I found out that there is a new firmware version. So, I tried to find how can I update my phone, but I can't find any Nokia Help Centers in my city (New York), could anybody help me ?

Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

is the n80 sold in the us?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
taffytafftaf

25-Aug-2006
09:27 PM
seraphim wrote:

Regardless, he has it
Is that an N95 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?!?

Life's too important to take seriously.
Nokias I've owned 3210, 3310, 6100, 7650, 6600, 6680, 6630, N80, N95
I'm a 26 year old boy BTW
Please use plain text.

yes, of course, you can buy any phone you like.
Please use plain text.

25-Aug-2006
09:27 PM
seraphim wrote:

I bought mine from MobileBee.com. You can get the phone cheaper if you get a contract. It comes unlocked. Also, this phone is from Nokia's Asia-Pacific region and they send you a non-US charger but give you an adaptor. They had the best prices and service... Good luck.
Please use plain text.

25-Aug-2006
09:02 PM
hrun wrote:
Hey everybody, I am from USA. I just got my N80 today, and I found out that there is a new firmware version. So, I tried to find how can I update my phone, but I can't find any Nokia Help Centers in my city (New York), could anybody help me ?

Thanks in advance.

I am an N80 user in the US. I contacted Nokia about this a few days ago when I found out the firmware was "available". This is what they told me:

We understand your inquiry in regards to having the firmware updates on your Nokia N80 device.

If you purchased your Nokia N80 device in another country, the warranty for your device is only valid in that country. Therefore, if you are having an issue with your Nokia N80 device, we recommend contacting the region for which your device was manufactured.

Please visit www.nokia.com/contacts.

However, if you purchased your Nokia N80 device in the United States, software updates are only implemented when it is determined an existing issue on your Nokia N80 device can be corrected with a new version of software. Software versions are not updated to add a new feature to an existing Nokia phone.

If you feel there may be a concern with your Nokia N80 device, you may have the phone evaluated by a Nokia service technician.

Please visit our web site to obtain information on repair services. The address for our web site is www.nokiausa.com; once there, select "Support" and then "Repair". On the web site, you will be given detailed instructions for your personalized repair options, as well as local Authorized Service Center (ASC) contact numbers and locations, if available. Please have your serial number available when you go to the web site, and remember to always keep a back-up copy of important data stored in your phone.

Please note that liquid and physical damage are not covered by the warranty. The minimum out of warranty repair charge is $100 (not including any applicable taxes and shipping & handling). Prices vary by product and the nature of the repair. If you decide to send an out of warranty phone in for repair, you will be contacted with a repair quote before the repair begins.

However, you will need to provide a United States mailing address to ship your device back to.

That's it. I'm holding off until I get to London where they have service centers/points and I'm going to try and get it there... We'll see. HMDANCER
Please use plain text.

Thx for your reply. That sucks, US always have some problems with europe phones. I willing to pay $ to update it, I dont need any warranty, but nobody can do that here, in US. So, I need to go to Europe to update a phone?, how inconvenience.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Yes seraphim, the US has the N80.

Taffy, seraphim was asking in case of warranty - if the phone was not available in the US then it would have proved hard to get firmware updates and warranty repairs.

But it is, so everything is ok.

Cheers
-
Karim
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
taffytafftaf

28-Aug-2006
08:31 AM
karim wrote:
Yes seraphim, the US has the N80.

Taffy, seraphim was asking in case of warranty - if the phone was not available in the US then it would have proved hard to get firmware updates and warranty repairs.

But it is, so everything is ok.

Cheers
-
Karim

But she never stated that was wat she was asking. ESP?
Is that an N95 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?!?

Life's too important to take seriously.
Nokias I've owned 3210, 3310, 6100, 7650, 6600, 6680, 6630, N80, N95
I'm a 26 year old boy BTW
Please use plain text.