Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Need skype video call

Counsellor
AjeeTdear

Need skype video call

Every operating system whether be apple or android supports skype video or net video chat..
then why should we 'belle' lovers be kept away of it??
Please, Nokia, just tell us- should we hope positively or stop the temptation of getting.video-chat support in future???
ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Ajeetdear,

Skype is available for Nokia Belle. You can download it from the below link:

http://store.ovi.com/content/20924?clickSource=search&pos=1

Hope this helps.

Regards

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
ikakkattu

Hi Raoul,

We are looking for skype to skype video call in Belle.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

This problem has been raised many times before. The answer is that Skype is a third party application, so it's up to Skype developers to implement Video calling on their app. There's nothing Nokia can do about it.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
algerian

mr ray BUT WHY JUST N900 HAVE SKYPE VIDIO CALL
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

@ algerian

The N900 runs on the Meamo operating system whereas the N8 is running on Symbian. So, it's upto to the Skype developers if they want to implement video calling within their app for Symbian.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Alexander_S

New nokias don't have front facing cam anyway (it's actually really sad. You can say whatever you want, but I used plain video calling a lot).
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AjeeTdear

@ray That problem that I raised so many times must be addressed seriously and on priority basis. Skype is a great and most sought after application...Nokia must request 'skype' to oblige 'belle' users by providing full functionality.
ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
algerian

AjeeTdear

oh yes thats tru

but as i see nokia dont care all at what the consumer says or not care about problem and no go to do solition of what they say ppls

they just know mony mony dollars eurooooooooooooooo

yes

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

As I've said before, It's up to the developers of Skype to introduce video calling. You're efforts would be better placed over on the Skype support pages.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Symbian/Skype-video-calling-on-Symbian-Belle/td-p/104544

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AjeeTdear

I would try my best to explore the skype site(cited avove) and express my grievance there also and ask others also to do the same especially in the condition when our own cell manufacturer 'NOKIA' is not showing interest for symbian-users.
I again request nokia to confirm whether 'Belle' is compatible enough to support video-chat via internet ? Only then it would be proper for us to put any request on skype siite!
ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Syed_Msm

We need Front camera for VideoCall(skype) . It means we cant video call from Nokia 603 tho it has Symbian Belle OS , right???
Please use plain text.
ikakkattu

Please develop something like facetime !

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AjeeTdear

I think back-cammera can be used to for vide-calling But U would need to constantly shuffle Ur Phone Front-back-front.

ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
ikakkattu

Any other compatible applications available?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AjeeTdear

I have not received any reply to my post enquiring about the compatibility of 'belle' for online video chat on net...so, I can say that so far no compatible app available...and since the current software has no support for flash 10 so it creates more problems.
May b in future upgrade we get full flash.
ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
haroon1627

i was proud to be nokia  user but since nokia is giving me hard time.my needs are forcing me to go to apple store or buy samsung galaxyy or something like that.nokia n900 was a perfect phone  for me.keybord skype video calling.but i had to buy 3 nokia n900 in one year because of cheap charging port and is located on the top means you can break it very easly while charging and calling.and its also very anoying.im tired of nokia n900.looking for something new.found nokia e7-00 but it doesnt suport video calls;is there any other device with keybord and video calling  wich i can get from nokia ?or just go to apple?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vtoroff

My opinion: Nokia should make arrangements with Skype on Normal support Symbian and support video calls. Our requests are nothing to Skype. Very annoyed that smartphones Apple and Android have a normal Skype client, with support for video-communication, and Symbian has not. Maybe I made a mistake by selecting the products of Nokia?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vtoroff

Will soon go on sale delightful Nokia 808, not ashamed that it will work a current client of Skype, defective and not ergonomic and not having video calls?? You have used Skype for the iPhone? YOU will not notice a huge difference with Skype for Belle?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AjeeTdear

@vitoroff You are absolutely right . I saw that skype site is full of video-call requests including one from my side also....but what if nokia itself is not striving for whatsoever reasons known to them only.
Infact 'belle' does not support flash 10 and video-chat is not possible in anyway via any application and fring is not available for 'belle'...can you imagine how backward we feel with nokia in this era of Internet.
No surprise if other brands have overtaken them.
ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.