Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Need skype video call

Professor
Ztuka

And now Nokia releasing HTML5...for Belle handsets...Flash is already doomed by Adobe (devolping of flash is stone cold dead already) and perhaps most web pages/tv-stations have dropped flash before christmas...this year.

In sweden national tv is dropping all flash right now. 

I can see everything om my Nokia 701 right now, live sport tv and other clip and series on demand.

About skype video...something going on...integrated in facebook soon?

Search the web, www.duckduckgo.com

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vtoroff

About skype video...something going on..."

Nothing is happening. Absolutely.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

[ Edited ]
You have been told more than once that it is up to Skype to develop and provide the software for video calls and you should go to Skype's website and complain there. What do you want from Nokia ?

Moderators notes: Previous post removed so reply removed from this post.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vtoroff

93tid, you do not understand my previous posts? You see only the last?
You are an official representative of Nokia?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

vtoroff wrote:
93tid, you do not understand my previous posts? You see only the last?
You are an official representative of Nokia?

Unlike most other people I always read the whole thread before posting in it. I understand your posts very well and you have a very good point. The only problem with your posts is that they are asking questions which cannot be answered here. I am not an official represenatative of Nokia, I am only here to try to help. That does not mean I cannot get fed up with reading pointless compaints which should not be addressed to Nokia, since the issue cannot be resolved by Nokia. You are complaining about a third-party application - please go and complain where it will have some effect - on the website of the third party. In this case - the Skype website.

If Skype have decided that "Symbian is dead" and do not wish to develop the software further

there is nothing Nokia can do about it.If you go to Skype and make enough noise there, maybe you can get them to at least make a statement about their plans.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vtoroff

[ Edited ]

93tid, you don't know why smartphones Apple iPhone and Android are sold with Skype inside, and Symbian no?
Why do they have a NORMAL client, and the Symbian no? Why did they have video calls, and the Symbian no?
Don't you think that Apple and Google have agreed with Skype?
On the website of Skype ignore the requests of the users.

Moderators notes: Speculative remarks removed.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vtoroff

Nokia and Microsoft partners? Or not?
Why, then, Nokia will not solve the question with the NORMAL Skype client for Symbian?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
icoolguy1995

if u want u can buy another phone also it up to ur choice that what u want if u want that nokia will talk to skype company i think they will not do it simply to make video call available on nokia phone because many nokia phone did not support it
first reason is that many of nokia phone does not have any front camera
nokia is a huge company and they will not negotiate for skype for just a video call support!!!!
please give me kudos if u like my post
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vtoroff

[ Edited ]

Compare for yourself: excellent Nokia 808 with excellent camera and an excellent OS loses any cheap Android smartphone with a NORMAL Skype with video calls, with constant revisions and updates of the program...
Should I buy a great gadget with "dying" Symbian??

P.S. Already the release of Skype for WP7! With video calls!!

Did Symbian worse???

Personally I don't like the WP7, Bada, iOS and Android, I love Nokia Belle, MeeGo, is the best in the world!
. And this is a very sad fact!! :smileysad:

Moderators notes: Baseless comment removed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

[ Edited ]

vtoroff wrote:

Compare for yourself: excellent Nokia 808 with excellent camera and an excellent OS loses any cheap Android smartphone with a NORMAL Skype with video calls, with constant revisions and updates of the program...
Should I buy a great gadget with "dying" Symbian??

P.S. Already the release of Skype for WP7! With video calls!!

Did Symbian worse???

Personally I don't like the WP7, Bada, iOS and Android, I love Nokia Belle, MeeGo, is the best in the world!
. And this is a very sad fact!! :smileysad:

It is a sad fact and there is nothing you can do about it.

If Skype have decided it is not worth to develop further their application for Symbian there is nothing you can do about it and ranting in this forum is definitely pointless.

Nokia have thrown all their efforts behind WP and this has been very clear for many months now, so I do not understand why are you surprised that Skype is now available for WP, especially since both Skype and WP are Microsoft.

If Skype video calls from your mobile are so important to you maybe you should consider another handset.

It is entirely your decision whether to buy "a great gadget with "dying" Symbian". The fate of Symbian has been clear for quite a long time now. I personally will buy an 808, since it offers me everything I want and I am not bothered by lack of Skype video calling or lack of future support.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SpaceATBru

[ Edited ]

Yes I and have no doubt about decision of the developer in plan not desires of the improvement skype for symbian. Not even interests the opinions of most persons to use the video relationship in skype, sting this.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vtoroff

[ Edited ]

Professor 93tid, i did not know what we are talking here?

Sony has reached an agreement with Skype for video calls on the PS Vita.
This is a video game console.

This is a smartphone.

No there is nothing strange about it?

Also a great client of Skype in the smartphone iPhone.
There is a video-calls in Android smartphones.

People who buy a Symbian device, stupid?? 

Moderators notes: Speculative remarks removed. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

[ Edited ]

vtoroff wrote:

Professor 93tid, i did not know what we are talking here?

Sony has reached an agreement with Skype for video calls on the PS Vita.
This is a video game console.

This is a smartphone.

No there is nothing strange about it?

Also a great client of Skype in the smartphone iPhone.
There is a video-calls in Android smartphones.

People who buy a Symbian device, stupid?? 

Advisor vtoroff, if you have a problem understanding what we are talking here, I am happy to try to explain it to you in your own language - outside the forum, since we can use only English here.

I will try one last time:

People should only buy Symbian based on what the phones can do today. Any future improvements should be considered as a bonus, not a God-given right. Anyone deciding to buy Symbian based on hope that it will be able to do something different in future is stupid.

Moderators notes: Baseless comments removed.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vtoroff

[ Edited ]

93tid, why Nokia is spending money on Swype, Nokia Maps, Nokia Suite, Microsoft Office and other, if the "Symbian dead"?

Why creates Belle, develops N8, C7 C6-01, X7, E7, 603, 700, 701, 808?? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
phonestore85

[ Edited ]

where is the video skype for symbian?!?!?!?!?!?! 

you killed symbian and Megoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
icoolguy1995

now nokia is not developing anything for symbian they have given whilst to accenture so that's way u r getting update of belle or anything related to symbian
NOKIA IS NOT DOING AT ALL FOR SYMBIAN !!!!
please give me kudos if u like my post
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

[ Edited ]

vtoroff wrote:

93tid, why Nokia is spending money on Swype, Nokia Maps, Nokia Suite, Microsoft Office and other, if the "Symbian dead"?

Why creates Belle, develops N8, C7 C6-01, X7, E7, 603, 700, 701, 808?? 

N8, C7, C6-01, X7, E7, 700 are over 18 months old and their development was already complete - the problem is it took Nokia very long to release them to market. Same for the development of Belle which was worked on in parallel with Anna and also started before the "burning platform" statement.

808 is a special one-off to introduce the Pureview technology on which they have worked for over 5 years and at present can only work on Symbian. They are now working hard to make this available on WP.

Nokia Suite was only upgraded because it was a) rubbish at the beginning and b) didn't support Belle update.

If you think Microsoft Office is developed by Nokia, then you need treatment. It is only made available to Symbian handsets as a trickle-down effect from their cooperation on WP handsets. Same is valid for Nokia Maps - development of current versions was already under way plus current development for WP platform is also crossing over to Symbian.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that in a large behemoth like Nokia things moved very slowly (or at least they used) and you are now seeing the results of work which started a few years ago. It is also simple business sense to complete such projects and extract some value from them instead of dropping them completely, thus making the money spent so far on them a total loss.

In short,  they are just trying to make the best use of money which was ALREADY SPENT some time ago. Virtually everything Symbian you are seeing today has started its life at least 18-24 months ago and it is is simply not economical just to kill it off.

Moderators note: Baseless comments removed.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vtoroff

93tid, thank you, what you are trying to us all to explain, but here like the official forum Nokia, there is the official people of Nokia's and I would like to hear their explanations and clarifications.

But they keep silence.

That very eloquently.

So, 808 not worth buying, if you want a SMARTPHONE with an excellent camera and not a regular phone with excellent camera?

Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

Hi

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dioni87

i hope nokia create "Landpe" for all symbian user,start from s60v5 to belle compatible device...
nokia 1208 connecting people
Please use plain text.