Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

New Nokia N8 (please!)

Counsellor
SpecK73

New Nokia N8 (please!)

I love my Nokia N8. I just can't imagine replacing it in the next 12 months because there's nothing on the market which offers the same feature set. Now that I have Symbian Belle it's such a great device to use.

I wish that Nokia would release an updated version of the N8 though, still with Symbian Belle but also:

High resolution display

1Ghz processor

512MB of RAM

I would buy it in a flash (that's a xenon flash thank you very much!). It's great that there are all these new Symbian devices with faster processors and more RAM (like the 700 and 701) but I can't live without that fantastic N8 camera and its HDMi port.

Go on Nokia, do it!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

Re: New Nokia N8 (please!)

Well there have been rumours of an N8 successor but they have quieted down lately. That is what i am waiting for. I don't see myself changing OS in the near future so no WinPho for me. If I do change it will definitely be to the N9. Nothing else even compares to the N8.
I agree with you, they should just make a powerful Symbian Device and stop holding back. Currently Symbian is the most ready to fit all the technology that Nokia has developed over the years that we cannot live without.
Data transfer mode, OSB OTG, NFC, Hot swapable memory cards, HDMI out, Wonderful camera's to mention a few. I thikn they should put all of these together with Galaxy Nexus rivaling processing power.

I hope they do turn out something (With Symbian) that is flagship worthy. Unfortunately it will probably kill WP sales unless both are marketed correctly. Then they will all sell well and help get Nokia smartphone sales back where they belong.
Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Arbaerinn

Dear SpecK73, where are you in the world ?  I have been waiting for Belle for some weeks,

Im getting addict to this N8,  I use it a lot every day.

The camera,gps, music, radio, FM transmitter, email, internet and just name it ! Every thing runs fine.  And the coverage is far better than in many other smartphones.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

I'm with you on this. If N8's successor will have Belle, it'll be a first day purchase for me too.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

No. I think the N8 successor should only come with Belle if it is released very soon, otherwise it must must come with C***** or D*****
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Offer me a Nokia 700,701 or anything, I'll hit you with it, offer me an upgraded N8 and call it N8-01 or something, I don't care, I'll take it INSTANTLY, Love my N8 and can't wait for Belle to complete this amazing piece of Excellent Hardware!!!!!!

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

http://blog.gsmarena.com/nokia-n8-in-bronze-color-surfaces-quietly/

Why doesn't Nokia market such things??? I think they are trying their best to kill Symbian quietly. We shouldn't let them do it.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SpecK73

I just read this:

http://www.unwiredview.com/2011/11/08/a-new-nokia-camera-flagship-with-optical-zoom-to-succeed-n8-th...

I hope that it turns out to be true. It is exactly what I wished for! Imagine an optical zoom on a phone camera! I find it hard to imagine how that would fit. Plus a larger image sensor? It does all sound a bit fanciful but if it's true I'll be getting one for sure!

Please use plain text.
Professor
kman00

same here. I just hope they make it a 4 inch screen instead of 3.5.. 1Ghz processor and 512Mb ram should be plenty and perhaps about a Gig for phone memory would be sweet lol.. Oh and NFC lol..
Nokia N80
Nokia N82
Nokia N97
Nokia N8 Dark Gray- RM-596
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

If the N8 Successor's post is true, then our wishes have come true, even better, it runs Symbian!!!!!!!!

I'm definitely getting one.

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I'm waiting for the N8 replacement as well. I have been using mine for 13 months now & can't find a direct replacement for it. Is getting a bit long in its tooth except for the camera & still the best in the market despite having been around for more than a year. The UI is a bit laggy & a pop up which keeps saying - "Low phone memory, move or delete some apps." I have moved a lot of apps to Mass memory but to no avail. Used an N9 together w/ an N8 but it has its own issues as well. My emails do not work & the Font size is ever so small that is straining my eyes. You can't even change the Font size & is as small if not smaller than Small Font size in an N8. I like the camera though & is fast. Still second to the N8. Recent firmware update does not seem to help matters as well. Bought a 700 last week & I must say it is a very handy set - small, slim, light & running on Belle which IMHO better than Anna. Also the Clarity Black screen is very good. Is a good handset & serve its purpose well. Good to use as a secondary handset.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

[ Edited ]

1.4GHz processor.

Atleast 1GB RAM.

HDMI Port

30fps / 1080p HD Video Recording

Super AMOLED HD 3.7 inch Display (720p)

OS? Symbian C (Or Belle for the time being) / MEEGO/ Windows ( And do not think about ANDROID, just in case)

Side Camera Key

Not too thin ( Like Galaxy SII), Does not fit in hand

Outer Shell keep like N9 ( Button less screen)

16 MP Camera (12MP ok, but need something new)

Price Max 700 USD

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

http://www.gsmarena.com/newscomm-3385.php

Quiet certain that one will come in 2012..

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Well.......@no1_slumko..... A white N8 has surfaced also.... Not sure if it's the Silver one or not...

Check out the post here White Nokia N8 Spotted

I guess the focus is more on MeeGo and WP7 now...... How sad.

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.