Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 500 Boot problem

MikeWare

Nokia 500 Boot problem

[ Edited ]

Hi...

I have a Nokia 500 Symbian Belle version, but one day I can't start my phone, it always display a 5 dots on screen and does not continue to show the Nokia Logo, the 5 dots are blinking always and it cant boot to Symbian Belle.

Is there any problem with the hardware?

Thanks...

By Michael Q.

Moderator's note: We have removed mention of illegal flashing software which is not allowed to be discussed on the Nokia discussion boards.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

With consequence of loosing data (in absense of a back-up)  you can try a Hard Reset by pressing the 'Volume Up', 'Lock key' aned 'Green Key' together while switching the Phone ON.. Leave the 3 keys only after you see the Nokia logo...

If this doesn't work, you need to visit Nokia Care ...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hi MikeWare,

If you have tried to charge the battery to full and it is still not turning on, I suggest you to visit your local Nokia Care point. Also, if you have used any third party software to flash your device, you may have harmed and void the warranty of it.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wnderson

i havesimilar problem. Nokia 500 does not boot when sim card is inserted,but work perfectly when there is no sim card. PLEASE help is it a software problem or hardware

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

wnderson wrote:

i havesimilar problem. Nokia 500 does not boot when sim card is inserted,but work perfectly when there is no sim card. PLEASE help is it a software problem or hardware

Did you check with different SIMs or just one ? If only one than worth trying another ..

Please use plain text.