Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 500 - Stability problems

Onni

Hello! I bought Nokia 500 yesterday, everything works fine, just a little annoying problem. I can't edit my Track details. Now, I'm not really sure what are these terms in English, because my phone uses Finnish. When I open Track details, I can see there album name, artist etc.. but I can't edit anything. With my old phone Nokia 5530, that was the place for editing your track details, but now nothing happens if I click the album or artist section. Also I can't figure how I change album picture... Oh, and I wasn't able to use the "Phone Change" app because my old phone's screen broke up and I didn't feel repairing it because it was pretty expensive... I gues with that app I could have saved all Artist and Album information.

This is little bit embarrassing, I could say I have got really much experience about Nokias, all my phones have been Nokias :smileytongue:

So if anybody could give me some tips?

Sorry for my english, I'm not really good at it :squint:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PajaK

Re: Nokia 500 freezing issues

Exactly the same issue - menu works, but home screens are unavailable and I can't shut it down with button (only by removing the battery). FW 011.033 doesn't solve it, I'm running on it now and the phone freezes twice a day...

Hope Bella comes soon and solves it.

Please use plain text.
agent0bean

I just recently updated my smartphone to its latest sw version. The restart issue is solved, but next issue is everytime i lock my phone, my screen freezes. I trying to unclock my phone but anytime i press the lock button, the screen dont respond. i can feel the vibration as i press the lock button. same with pressing the navi button, the screen dont respond.

I hope this fix soon, it gets annoying everytime i recieve messages and i cant read them right away.

I love Nokia 500...it rocks...!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hemrajkuldeep

hey bro, hw can i update?? can u please tell me the exact procedure...???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
weaponx

u must be kiddin bro...coz my nokia 500 lags a lots depite having it updated to the latest software....just install too many applications in it and this bloody phone takes ages just to open the app folder. really frustrating and annoying to the core. Dont know why nokia makers are bluffing people with a 1 ghz processor in it...my old nokia N78 was way faster than this piece of **bleep**.
Please use plain text.
gurpreetsingg

nokia 500 restart because a uncofortable QT version automatically instaled on your device from applications...just go ti application settings and open installed apps and find QT and remove then ....when ever you remove the Qt it says (after removing the qt some apps may not work) but ignore the and remove. When ever you installed any app its says download need somthing MB and download and installed automatically..its the comfortable QT version for device ....its work
Please use plain text.
gurpreetsingg

nokia 500 restart because a uncomfortable QT version automatically instaled on your device from applications...just go ti application settings and open installed apps and find QT and remove then ....when ever you remove the Qt it says (after removing the qt some apps may not work) but ignore the and remove. When ever you installed any app its says download need somthing MB and download and installed automatically..its the comfortable QT version for device ....its work
Please use plain text.
gurpreetsingg

i am doing to buy nokia 500 because my old phone nokia c5-03 i have break my vollume and lock buttons i fell so hurt and angry my bad fate
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
preminchina

There is new update now...!!!!

Belle I think and problems have gone away !!!!!

Hurray!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
preminchina

use ovi or from your phone, belle has arrived....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
preminchina

update available... Belle i think, fixes all snags

Please use plain text.
jay_v_shady

hey ppl i found solution of restart thing

get belle update or install ndesk 2.3 frm ovi store

it helps!!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
NightFire7997

installed belle the problem of the phone restarting still not gone
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sarav

Yes you are right. Belle did not solve any of the problems for me.
Please use plain text.
shaficb

Nokia 500 - Stability problems

I am purchased nokia 500 before 4 day, but iam facing a problem with my 500 ,my phone is not stable ,hang up ,no display ,what happent to my phone ,this installed bella software ,please help me 

Please use plain text.
superunknown04

i got the same problem on my nokia500.. it restart on itself.. even it is upgraded to symbian belle..im so disapointed on buying this product..its not worth it...sucks...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Manas50

Re: Nokia 500

I personally experienced this problem. Even belle update didn't work. But now the problem is gone. Change your sim. It must be old. I did this and it worked. Hope it helps

Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

I have a Nokia 500 and yes, even though I got my phone updated to Belle, it still has the restarting problem. There's no hanging and freezing problems anymore. But the rebooting problem still resist (happen once a week or less). A soft reset and hard reset are not helping at all, so don't lose your data for nothing. I am sure Nokia will release another update for this, hopefully.
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
z_alfawadleh

I have suffered all of the above this is my 4th Nokia over the past 12 years, they better come up with a solution.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pawan500belle

i have the same issue, my 500 get hang and a black vertical line occur and the whole screen gets faded and then phone restarted. I'm having these problm from long time. I went to the nokia care them reinstalled os but the problem is still the same but now more frequent. Dont know wht to do. I guess it happening bcoz of lacking of gpu.??
Please use plain text.