Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 500 problem

Registered Member
cicciokr

Nokia 500 problem

hi,
i have a nokia 500 but sometime without reason crash..

The second question is if i can change keyboard and put the keyboard of nokia n97 on nokia 500
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
muds

Even my Nokia 500 crashes some times without any reason and restarts.

While crashing the screen slowly fades away and goes blank.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bmsasa

same here, it happens everytime i use the web.... after a few minutes, it will restart, please help... i think need an update in software....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

nokia 500 doesnt have gpu compared to other symbian3 phones so 500 may not run as smooth as new belle devices
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star button would be considered as thanks.....Current phone Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bmsasa

so what do we have to do? :smileysad: wait for the new software?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jtcnx500

Like wise.  I just bought the 500 on Thursday 6th, and after using web for a while it slowly fades out.   What could be done?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

i think you guys have to wait for software update from Nokia
btw if restart problem is associated with web browser then try using opera mobile or opera mini both are descent browsers
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star button would be considered as thanks.....Current phone Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Nokia 500 does have a GPU... But a 2D GPU as compared to a 3D GPU of other symbian 3 phones.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nodo

Ya. My Nokia 500 had the same problem, the screen used to fade slowly to blackness, then the phone restarts. But suprisingly my Nokia 500 doesn't fade anymore, even after constant web browsing + running 7 applications at a time, the reason unknown.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Yaa same here my condition is same my also nokia 500 crashes frequently pls give a solution
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

I cant believe that Nokia still produces faulty main boards ! there is less than a month that those devices hit the market end caused problem :smileysurprised:

I fear that there will be a problem issue here in this forum for future devices before their release date . :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jtcnx500

My Nokia 500 crashed in the middle of conversation.  Never had this kind of problem before. It supposed to have the latest OS, no?  What to do?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SatishS

Common Nokia... How can this problem stay for this long if many people are facing the same issue... Please look into the matter as suggest something...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Has anyone tried a hard reset and a firmware reinstall?
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Wait SYMBIAN BELLE is coming soon.
That'll solve all the problems.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GauravPandey

Same problem with my Nokia 500 also.
Some times it also tells memory full while capturing photo while there is more than enough memory available.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
asp123

I really have the same problem. That is really upsetting. I should have bought a Samsung insteaf of this. Nokia once was a reliable brand... Things have changed.

In a few days I will leave for a trip. I thought I could have my new phone with me. I´m very angry! Thank you Sirs!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gauravpahwa

Getting the same problem.. it hangs , and restarts by its own. what to do? what's the solution?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
prakash_dps

same here, it happens everytime i use the web.... after a few minutes, it will restart, please help...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
prakash_dps

what we do????????????????????????????

My Mobile is just a blinking ball?
Please use plain text.