Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 500 problem

Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

As Donofworld had said, have you tried using opera browser?
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jtcnx9325

[ Edited ]

I am using Opera, and still has problem.  What good is it if you cannot use the existing one?

I hope 500 does not have the same fortune as 600. 

Please use plain text.
nitinkumar87

i m facing the same prblm. Plz let me know the solution if nebody comes to know abt it.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sarav

Same crash problem occuring here too very often while using inbuilt as well as opera browser in WiFi mode as well as network mode. Memory full problem a few times while using the camera.

Desperate for a solution from Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I guess the only solution that we can get is with th release of symbian belle... Until then hold on...
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Wiz1234

I have bought Nokia 500, but sometimes when I try to open the camera a msg. comes up like " Memory full close some applications and try again" In my phone memory 108.9Mb is free... Mass memory 1.1 Gb is free.. Camera pics are stored in my memory card where 1.5Gb is free... Can somebody help me please... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Looks more like a RAM issue than long time storage memory. Could possibly just be a bug on such a new device.

Make sure you close unused apps. And often a reboot once in a while can help a lot.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

As of now, a regular reboot is the only suggestion that can be given. Till Nokia fixes the bug with an update, you'll have to live with it.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
mvrarunkumar

I have faced the same problem. For this i have restarted the phone then it worked.  But this is not the permanent solution.  Nokia has to fix this problem at the earliest.

Please use plain text.
ramachandrankr

I have crash problem in my nokia 500 purchased three days back.  It is occurring too very often while web browsing. Memory full problem while using the camera.

expect  a solution from Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Rebooting is not a permanent solution but the only working solution worth mentioning now. Hope Nokia fixes all these bugs in the forthcoming update... There's just too many of them complaining about the same issue. Take a look into it Nokia.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Looks like belle is here for Nokia 500. I'm not sure of this but it has been posted in Nokia's website.
www.nokia.com/sg-en/products/featured-phones/belle/
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Nokia 500 problem

Goodness!

Not 4 days old & the phone is hanging, loosing network & restarts on its own.

I cannot believe Nokia can make such a phone.

Can someone assit me in explaining the solution for the below:-

1 - how to switch memory between phone & micro card for message store.

2 - how to resolve the hanging problem

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tharik

I bought the nokia 500 yesterday...i too faced an restart when brwsng even after the update....plzzz help..nokia plz provide the solution for this problem...plz take this as concern...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
karthikem

I bought Nokia 500 last month. It has a problem of restarting from day one. Even after updating the latest S/W it was not resolved. Also, while trying to use camera it says "Memory Full, close few application", but no application was in use at that time. Can this be rectified?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
srinu589

hey friends i'm from Hyderabad.
three of our friends took same mobile Nokia 500 and having alot problems, even Nokia care ppl can't help me.
weather there is problem with my locality or Nokia 500 in India , it just suck.
camera doesn't function properly and phone restarts and that's how it happens.
now one of our mobile went to company it seems. we're waiting for it..............

i feel sad for taking a nokia mobile

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Fahad_Mushtaq

Lolled, i am also a nokia 500 user, and first i'll tell u the problems ive faced,

1. Low memory error on camera opening.

2. Set gets crashed often whenever i use it for more apps.

3. Often restarts while launching an application.

4. No angry birds.

5. There ain't any gameloft game which is able to be run on this piece of sh*t.

6. Sometimes the keyboard gets hanged while chatting or messaging.

To solve these problems ive restored and reinstalled fone software for more than 5 times but everything it starts the same issues after one or two days. the keyboard hang is such an annoyning thing, i should've bought Galaxy Gio for same money, coz this set just sucks.

Please use plain text.
zenmechanics

truly disappointing

Well, I bought my Nokia 500 on last week and I regret it. I'm currently facing the following problems on daily basis: hanging, very slow response sometimes, freezing (the screen just fades away then restarts itself), memory is full - no running application.
I thought that Nokia has grown up and they are releasing phones which are functioning as expected (at least)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shivanshu

its speaker has stopped working after 3 days of use .... Moreover the phone hangs and restarts from time to time... Nokia is an unreliable brand .
Please use plain text.
matrixln16

hy frinz iam like u i have bought nokia 500 but there the same problem the restart and camera too if there nw update it will fix this or and plz any one tell me :smileysad:
Please use plain text.