Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 500 problem

Registered Member
tatipara

Hello, Nokia I like your products very much, but not your symbiam software. Symbian has a lots of limitations and also its not good working. Many time my mobile hangs and lots of problems, scrooling also not good and many problems. I have been using Nokia 500 for 4 months and recently my friend has bought samsung galaxy y and he can play HD games through a software called Chainfire 3D but I can't. Even though my nokia 500 hardware specification is more powetfull than his samsung galaxy y. So Nokia I suggest you that you please switch to Android, otherwise you will lose your market.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Cellboi

Last week I purchased a Nokia 500 handset. It has Symbian Belle OS. I was quite impressed with the specs so bought this handset but to my utter disappointment the 1GHz CPU is working like some 300MHz CPU. The mobile hangs most times, touch is not responsive, boring free apps/games, complex interface, battery backup on 3G is poor. I have a Nokia X2-01 querty mobile and Samsung 525 bada OS mobile. X2-01 is working better than this Nokia 500 and the samsung smartphone is lot better than Nokia 500 in terms of battery, earphone sound, camera picture quality (even though it's just 3.2 megapxl) touch response is better.

so, is this just with my Nokia 500 or you all are facing the same issues??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lufni

helo there i'm new in nokia 500, but i got hank my phone..
after i find out, the problem is in "social app" it self...

i just delete the software, and it's never hank again...
if you want to open facebook or twetter, just use "opera mini"

why nokia never fix this bug..??
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Leon1989

hey guys i solve that problem u have just to update your devices to symbian belle and it is ok hope i helped you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
janis129

Symbain Belle does NOT solve any issues. I've updated to Belle few months ago.
Till now I'm frequently experiencing common problem as mentioned above:
phone hangs, screen goes black after few seconds, only thing I can do is remove battery, then start.

Second thing: phone restarts itself for no reason.

So please don't say things like 'wait for belle, everything will be ok'.

It's funny how "updating your software" is a help for every problem. It's like:
A. "I have a problem, phone hangs, battery issues, whatever"
B. "Please update your software, it should help"
A. "I updated, didn't work"
B. "Well, software is software"

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
icoolguy1995

i first having this problem to when i have updated to symbian belle now after belle refresh my all the problem have gone,my mobile is working like a charm never better than this !!!
please give me kudos if u like my post
Please use plain text.
Sage
Akash_satpathi

@Cellboi I think your phone's screen have a problem because my phone's screen sensitivity is higher then Samsung wave 525 and camera quality you can test in dark light time just capture a photo and see which is better.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Akash_satpathi

Samsung Galaxy Y can play HD games using Chainfire 3D even that doesn't have GPU but that phone has 512 MB RAM which help it to run HD Games.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
christoforous

i have nokia 500 for a week now and had all the same problems. Installing software thru ovi suite solved rebooting. Then got to ovi store/installation preferences and select apps to install on any drive than c: ......now get a new sim card put it in your phone....then ave your service provider add your imei# to your data account. These things made my phone work very well.
Please use plain text.
namsnice

a lot of problem.....
even after belle refresh it keep restarting and display used to fade out with colorful lining patterns followed by a restart..
nokia 500 a phone from hell of garbage...
best regards
nams
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sally232012

I KNOW! IM DONE WITH NOKIAS. i mean i had so much respect for this ocmpany but after the experience with the Nokia500, i cant take it anymore. 

I exchanged my phone for the same one atleast 2 times already cause of the constant freezing problems. I factory reseted my nokia500 also atleast 3 times, but it still didnt help :smileysad:

The camera sucks like no tomorrow, some apps dont open, i dont receive texts until i remove the battery and put it back, the phone doesnt turn on when im receiving a call and many more problems :'(

Whatever, im changing my phone soon even if i have to pay 80 bucks according to my phone company, but its better than staying with this phone for one more month:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ezio

google maps crashes aftet first use. What should i do guys?
Please use plain text.
seishin

this is the last time when i bought a nokia, they are sucks, i bought a nokia 500, no support, no workable software, my gps all the times want internet connection, the web browser usually crash, music player cant play sometimes mp3s, i cant install softwares, cant use the phone, usually in 1 day its freeze 30times or more... i take it and crashed this noobphone ... if you wanna buy any nokia... you will burn your money... you will buy a big rack of shi.t, and if you buyed it... throw in trash... choose a better phone----> like the alcatel :smileyvery-happy: they made a better smartphone... ( oh yes the alcatel they never made good phones, but better then this noobphone)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
engsmf

my nokia 500 does not load any symbian application specially angry birds,cut the rope and large size applications

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sandhyaa

Try using any Jar chat Applications and you ll find one more problem with this mobile.it ll automatically close the application While typing the text.Nokia Should bring a Small update to Solve all this issues in this Phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rohanbaluja

I to have the same issue whenever i use web on it the screen fades and goes off . PLZZZ HELP!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
prabhakar10021

my nokia 500 doesnt even open the browser, software update, cannot create new  mailbox, cannot install apps in ovi store ETC.:angry:

Please use plain text.