Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 500 problem

jay_v_shady

Re: Nokia 500 problem

hey ppl i found solution of restart thing

get belle update or install ndesk 2.3 frm ovi store

it helps!!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sarav

I don't see the problem ending with belle update. With less than a week of me updating to belle, my Nokia 500 has crashed 3 times while using various apps (using internet) and once it had restarted without even using the phone and the sound of restarting made me to notice it. More over the Wifi is not at all working after the update whereas the same is working for others in my office. I had do every kind of setting change to check wifi work and had hard resetted thrice with losing all data every time and have not found a solution for making the wifi work. That's disgusting and am disappointed by waiting & updating to belle.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Muhi

Yeah Sarav. I've got two restarts also. But it's better then before. Stil there are a few hickups with this phone. As very few aps and thos preinstalled sometimes work quite well, ane sometimes, don't work at all.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
icoolguy1995

yes u r correct
please give me kudos if u like my post
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sarav

Sarav wrote:

I don't see the problem ending with belle update. With less than a week of me updating to belle, my Nokia 500 has crashed 3 times while using various apps (using internet) and once it had restarted without even using the phone and the sound of restarting made me to notice it. More over the Wifi is not at all working after the update whereas the same is working for others in my office. I had do every kind of setting change to check wifi work and had hard resetted thrice with losing all data every time and have not found a solution for making the wifi work. That's disgusting and am disappointed by waiting & updating to belle.

My Wifi problem is same as given here.

/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/N8-symbian-belle-wifi-internet-problem/m-p/1328849#M288111

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sarav

After hectic troubles, the physical keys hard reset and Belle reinstall solved the wifi problem. But while writing this,my mobile crashed, so the restart problem still exists.

Please use plain text.
Xe7enth

Hi there :smileywink:

Where can I get the upgrade?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Xe7enth,

Thank you for your first post and welcome to the discussion forums.

Please have a look at the following link:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update

It is the Nokia Belle web page and has all the information and availability of the Belle update and instructions on how to update.

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
fedetur

Hi, I have a n500 with product code 059L4T9, it seems thers is no roadmap for belle update.

I am suffering the same issues that all n500, when I can update?

Please use plain text.
newuser31555

I had my phone for six months. I have got the same problem with the screen dimming and restarting and sometimes with the low memory when using the camera. I took the phone back to my local carphone warehouse store on thursday 22nd March 2012. I am waiting for my phone to be fixed by them. Will posted result on it's return.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
icoolguy1995

reinstall firmware may help 

my phone's internet is not working at all after belle update

ther error is: conection failed

what to doooooooooooo

Please use plain text.
itisbala18

Bud ...check if the WI FI key you have is WEP...if yes, then try changing it to WAP-Personal. This change worked for my Nokia 500
Please use plain text.
itisbala18

try changing the WI FI security from WEP to WAP-personal. This worked for me
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
icoolguy1995

how to change it please tell me step by step please help me out 

please help me to change it from wep to wap

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
icoolguy1995

i want to connet internet from sim using gprs not with wifi connection
Please use plain text.
gas_82

I'm from Argentina, I'm on my nokia 500 sec in a week and keep throwing the same error, nokia tell me it takes q q warranty will install the new firmware, but if not officially on the page as I will install, very bad and disappointing that, and it still sold here and say nad the errors, I guarantee I'll change it for another model

Please use plain text.
manonands

i also have Nokia 500 it is nice but restart itself for one time in my usage.but a best update is required.please Nokia look into our problems and try to give the best mobile experience with nokia.some apps like UC browser and google maps are not working properly.Lets prove that Nokia's operating system is better than android.this is the correct time.thank you. Regards N.Manoj
Please use plain text.
newuser31555

The following from my first post

29th March 2012 I had the phone back from being repaired. The phone worked up until 2nd April 2012.

2nd April 2012 Phone locked when changing the internet radio station and the phone also kept cutting the wifi connection whlist listening to WYMG classic rock from Springfield USA. My router box is "g" connection but computer can connect to it from my garden and shed come study.

5th April 2012 phone cut-out whilest using the mp3 player. Phone not responding to the menu button being pressed. Phone had to be reset. Phone back for repair. I also noticed since the nokia 500 software update that under the software update the phone wanted a restart for social and and something called lotus traveller.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Manas50

This is my personal experience. Your sim must be quite old. Change it. I myself faced the same problem. After changing the sim(a new one) i no longer face the prblm
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tabao

Is true that restart n hang problem still three after belle update?? I afraid to buy this phone bcause of that..!
Please tell me..
N wich one is good galaxy gio or nokia 500
Please use plain text.