Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 500 wi-fi problem

weblira

Nokia 500 wi-fi problem

Hi all. My Nokia 500 can't find any wi-fi connection after Belle upgrade. It won't pass the "searching wi-fi network" message. Really don't know what to do since it should be a simple task. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi weblira

Welcome to Nokia forum! :Cool:

Try doing a factory reset on your phone. Go to Menu > Settings > Phone > Phone management > Factory settingsRestore, if it will ask for a lock code use 12345 unless changed.

After the factory reset try to connect to WLAN again. If that will not help you to resolve the issue use Nokia Suite to re-install the software of your phone.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
weblira

Hi, thanks for your help. I've tried both solutions before posting, but nothing has changed. Still getting that endless messagem "Searching for Wi-Fi networks". My Belle version is 111.020.0059 and mobile type is RM-750. I know there is an even newer version of Belle 111.021.0028, but Pc Suite says i'm already with the latest possible version of the OS. That's frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi mate,

sorry to hear of your problems. i know it may be a bit of a long shot, but have you tried installing the WiFi fix here at BetaLabs: http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/wlan-software-update
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
weblira

Hi there. It's a long shot indeed. This fix doesn't even have compatibility with my device although this is the exact solution i need. Really feeling abandoned by Nokia with a brand new (not so)smarthphone in my hands. Almost putting for sale as a defective device. Thanks anyway man!

Please use plain text.