Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5228

elaineac73

Nokia 5228

I have just bought a nokia 5228 xfactor touch phone. I cannot get the xfactor app to work. When i go to it the phone is asking me to select a WAP or WLAN then it gives me a list of options. I have tried every one of them and none of them work. The phone then shows a message saying 'Network connection not found. Please check your settings, ensure you have a signal, and try again.' I am connected to a network and i have a strong signal.

Can anyone help me i am not very good with technology lol.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia 5228

call your provider and ask them to send you to correct settings for wap and mms then save them they will arrive in a text open message and the select save

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
elaineac73

Hi thanks for replying to me I will try that. Do you know how to get smiles on the phone when you are sending text messages.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

you need to install smile application for that which you'll easily find in ovi store. However those smilies will only be seen by those having smilie enabled phones, otherwise they're displayed as text.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

elaineac73 wrote:

Hi thanks for replying to me I will try that. Do you know how to get smiles on the phone when you are sending text messages.:smileyhappy:

http://forum.dailymobile.se/index.php?topic=15477.0

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
larisa2011

hi. i have a problem with apps for nokia 5228.when i follow the link i get this mess. : the app is not for your type of phone. what is going on????

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Which link you are talking about ? Is it related to OVI Store ? If so.. you may Google for 'Applications for Nokia 5228'.. and you will surely find some sites from where you may download the applications.. Anyways almost all the applications available at OVI store are developed by 3rd parties and not by Nokia..and there should not be a problem if you download from other sites..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
caka70

I bought a bluetooth device for my computer, but it says that my "profile is not supported by the Bluetooth Utility

Please check the profile being used on the other device."

it also seems that these are the profiles that are supported :

DUN, FAX, LAP, SPP, HID, HCRP, FTP, OPP, HSP, HFP, PAN, BIP, A2DP, AVRCP and GAVDP.
how can i change it on my phone, so it could be supported?

Thanks! I am sorry if I made mistakes, english is not my native language!

Please use plain text.