Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: I have a way to fix this problem.

Registered Member

Nokia 5630 problems?

Well, I have been thinking about getting a Nokia 5630 (Xpressmusic) but I have heard that there has been plenty of troubles with this model, and was wondering if there are any 5630-owners out there who knows if these problems have been fixed?

For example I've heard that the phone shuts down while listening to music (no matter if it's mp3-files or radio, and the radio does seem to be kind of bad, from what I've gathered) which is obviously not something that should be in a mobile phone that actually is advertised as a music phone... 

I was also wondering aboutthe quality of the pictures with the 5630:s built-in camera,are thy decent enough for taking photographs indoors especially? (Would be very nice if someone has taken some photographs indoors that one could see the quality of them, I have already seen some on the Internet, but there would be nice with some more) 

Thank you in advance! 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia 5630 problems?

Hi, I have 5630 XM more than 6 months. The trouble you mentioned (restart of the phone when music is playing) has already been solved with new fw. Generaly I would say, that phone is stable. However during my winter vacation I took some photos in the mountains and camera did not work after taking of 10-15 photos. What has been the caused, if low temeperature or humidity of the air, is hard to say. I just did the fw update and everything is OK now.

The quality of photos is good if you consider that the phone is primarily for listening of music and not for making of photos. In anyway outdoor (daylight) photos are OK. Indoor outcome is not so satisfying... 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Cokieboy

All i can say is.. this phone is really creepy.. it suddenly hangs, turns off, has this "standby theme error" tingy going on, also the dreaded memory full error and my phone memory and memory card has so much free space!!!!! then another creepything is the theme suddenly changes sometimes, my 5630 is the silver color on the sides color (not the red or teal or whatever) the theme changes to a sky blue theme that doesn't exist in the phone, sometimes i can't open applications while in this "sky blue wierd theme" I bought this phone at around last week of October 2009.. then around mid November 2009 it started to do al those problems.... i sent it to Nokia Care in our lcal city.. then i got it back by the end of November. Then it stared acting up again, so i sent it to Nokia Care complaining with the same problems. They told me they have to send it to their Nokia Care Head Office for a swap board.. so i waited almost a month. I got it back by first week of January 2010, the phone worked great for 1 month, no errors, no hangs. I noticed they updated the firmware to 013.009 version that wasn't officially released yet (i think.BUT... when February 2010 came.. it started to do all the same errors again.. and worse.. when i tried my camera it hanged and auto-restarts.... i sent it to nokia care again and they reformated it then after i got my hands on it and turned it on as i walked away from nokia care.. it hanged and restarted again.. so there i go back to Nokia Care again.. they sent it to their Head Office again then got it back after a week i think.. and sill it has the same stuff.. i didn't bother to send it to Nokia Care again coz i think Nokia hasn't found a solution for the problems this unit has... Well.. That's my story.. i'm just txting and calling on the hpone.. not using the Camera, FM Radio, Removed Memory Card, No Music, etc.. just txting and calling.. and it still hangs sometimes and all those errors.. i'm lucky it seldom does the sky blue theme stuff anymore... NOKIA.. This is a scary phone (-__-)\ I hope they come up with a stable firmware for this phone...

Please use plain text.

Hi, melfi, I have  011.020 version on my phone,nokia software updater don't find newer software, t :smileyindifferent:, telephone restarts if I listen to music (express music phone :smileyvery-happy:), I am from Romania,

On your phone which firmware version is installed?

Regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ghadamyari

Hello,

The version of my nokia 5630 is 013.009 .

I think you need update your phone firmware with Ovi Suite.

5630 is really a stable phone.

Please use plain text.
mahn00r

I just bought this phone today and it is having a problem. The themes don't work, not even the PRELOADED themes. When I set them, the screen suddenly goes black, nothing is on display and then when I get sick of waiting I press the menu button. The menu page is all white and the colours are distroted, the top has a short dark blue line and the background is white, with menu icons on it and since the font is white, I can only see the icon tags when I select the icons. Tthe main screen wallpaper also becomes white while the other screen backgrounds are completely black

Although, when I go to settings while the theme is in the obove mentioned state, I change the wallpaper to a picture, everything becomes better. The menu page's background and every other page's background is black while the main wallpaper is the picture I chose to set as wallpaper.

Can someone please help?

Please use plain text.
ammarsal

I have a way to fix this problem.

1st step: remove the memory card and sim card.

2nd step: format the phone (using *,3,send and the power keys )hold it tell the phone asks you about your region.

3rd step: remove the battery after setting the date and time for 16 - 48 hours.

Then try and connect the battery if the phone asked you about the date again your problem has been solved

if not remove the battery for longer time.

It worked with me for.

And I hope that it  works with you too.

Please use plain text.
ShaneX

Hello! Sorry for my bad english but i am hungarian. I have a question. How to put the ShareOnline and the Search to Home screen? I activeted my Ovi account and set as default and enabled to show in Home screen (in S.O.), but nothing happen. My phone is 5630, SW is 012.020.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Azher0001

I hav a problem that when i was reinstalling my software and my phone went on blank after few minutes the installation stopped and i disconnected my 5630 and then i try to power on it , it starts vibrating and doesnot showing any thing.... Please HELP!!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ramyunjay03

we the same problem .. HAAY .. this phone was really **bleep** !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dryfang

It really works!!!
An 3 years old problem on my Nokia 5630 is now solved.
Many thx for the helpfull hint!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Booris

How did you update your software? I'm running version 011.020 and both my phone and Nokia Suite say I've got the latest software installed!

Ghadamyari wrote:

Hello,

The version of my nokia 5630 is 013.009 .

I think you need update your phone firmware with Ovi Suite.

5630 is really a stable phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Booris - As mentioned in a no. of threads, availability of update depends on Product Code / Region. Also, for Network locked devices, update is possible only after an approval from the Operator. It seems that one of these is preventing your device to show up any availability of update.

Sorry to inform but in this scenario you can't do anything.  ..

Please use plain text.