Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 'Reminders' Function

Contributor
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5800 'Reminders' Function

At this stage I feel like I very stupidly upgraded my software last night. It was because of the free Sat Nav I saw when browsing on Ovi (which works perfectly).

My problem is that I had previously set up my 5800 to sound a reminder at 9pm every night to remind me to take a certain medication. For the last 6 months, I've heard the sound/alarm at 9pm and simply had to press stop. And it stopped.

Now with the new software update, I simply press stop and it simply IGNORES ME and goes off every 5 minutes or so. It does not react to me pressing 'Stop' at all.

Shame. This was a fantastic phone until last night. Now I think it's the biggest pile of **bleep** that I've ever purchased. I'm sorry, I feel a bit frustrated.

Any solutions to this please? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Re: Nokia 5800 'Reminders' Function

You should not touch in that space, instead slide your finger across over that area in the direction of arrows. Its an animation.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Ahhh, I'll try that and let you know how I get on. Thanks :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Pants. Apparently 22.25 hrs (which is in 5 minutes from now) has already past?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

So my phone had set itself to Canada time? I've figured how to change it back to UK time.

Jeez. I am testing again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I tested and did a swipe along across the arrow as suggested. Thank you it worked :smileysurprised:)

If the reminder doesn't re-occur again within 8 minutes, of course I will recommend your advice.

If only Nokia could take a couple of hours to express the information that should really take 2 minutes.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Maybe they thought it was already well known since the 5800 is the ONLY nokia phone to not have that feature prior to the v40 update, and everyone was clamoring for the 5530 effects on the phone..^_^

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.