Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 Touchscreen not working at all

Registered Member

Hi,

i have nokia 5800. my touch screen apprently stopped working i sent it in for a repair and after i got it back same day it stopped working again. only my green red and the application buttons are working i cant even reset or do anything. can any one help me with this problem???? is this a bug? am i the only one who is having this problem??

Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: Nokia 5800 Touchscreen not working at all

Remove SIM cards and memory cards, and any other accessories. Then try powering on your device, if it fixes the problem then you know you have a faulty SIM or corrupt data on your memory card.
If you still can't use the touchscreen take it back to repair mate. Make sure you tell them youve tried other SIM cards etc etc.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i am sending back to nokia repair. but thanks for the help. i tried ur way but it still didnt work.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

thanks for your help. This morning, my phone not working with touch screen. Now, it have work. Thank you!
Please use plain text.

Nokia 5800 XM stop working after i update phone software to V31

I update my Nokia 5800 XM software to new version v.31. My previous version was v.21.

After a succesful update of ther new firmware, message appear on my computer screen that "Software updated successfully.". At this point my phone was switched off.

Then i tried to start my phone using power button. It start vibrating continuously with nothing on screen.No keys were workin, I had to remove battery to stop vibration.

I put on the battery and try to start it, again same problem occure.

I tried reset key "green+red+camera_key+power buttons" but same problem... It continue to vibrate...

Please help....!!!!

Please use plain text.

Re: Nokia 5800 XM stop working after i update phone software to V31

hi there

i have the same problem after the update it won't turn on again i took it the shop for repair and found out that the chip set for the screen has burn out so they change it on warrenty and now its fine

best regards

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wajid567

Hi

I got da same problem wiv my phone the green key dont work and the Dialler and the contact thing on da screen don't work otherwise ma phone iz alrite

i am really confused can any one help plz?????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MO2C

:smileyvery-happy: ThanX

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
renibsharief

Dear friend I do have the same problem after the new firmware installed the green , red and the applicatons are working but the call and reject on touch pad is not working , request for our suggestions
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

@renibsharief

Well, there seems to be different issues here with the phones after the update, as you can see on the posts above...

However, have you had a look at this thread, made by Psychomania? /t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Recovering-from-a-failed-firmware-update/td-p/398147

I believe this somewhat applies to you.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SteveThorpe

Hi All,

I read this thread hoping to sort out my problems with my touchscreen. However, no-one seems to have a satisfactory answer. So I phoned Orange (my provider) and after a short time we came to the conclusion that I needed to hard-restart my phone.

This means that everything was switched back to factory-settings, so I had to back everything up first (contacts onto SIM, calender entries, photos etc), but it has solved the problem completely. I heartily recommend it to you if you are struggling like I was.

Simply open the Dialler pad, type in *#7370# it will then ask if you want to restart your phone. It switches itself off and back on again, and ask you for a lock code - enter 12345 and then you have a 'brand new phone'. You will obviously need to change all the settings back to the way you like them, but I think this is a small price to pay for having your phone working again!!

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bansal2016

Hi, i am also facing the same problem. I would like to know how can you dial in when your touch screen is not working as i am trying dailing in but the screen does not respon.

please help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Recovering-from-a-failed-firmware-update/td-p/398147

Read the Hard Reset procedure...

But take a back-up on PC before you do that..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arun3641

Hi, I'm having a touch screen problem in my nokia 5230, I'm not able to do anything only the green, red and white buttons are working. Can you please guide me

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Well, if nothing mentioned above works, you will have to visit a Nokia care point.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Suadat

Hi Guys,

I have Nokia 5800XM that was working perfectly till now. But, I am seeing issue on my phone now. The issue is as follows:

Scenario:

I have Lockcode applied to my phone from last few months and It was working fine till few hours ago. I am unable to unlock phone as it seems touchpad is not working properly now. I can't even enter the lockcode numbers on to my phone.

I tried options like switch off, SIM card removal, Memory card removed but nothing works. On Switching on the phone, other phone functionality is working fine in the background. I can recieve calls etc to my phone. but lockcode screen is not disabled/entered.

So, could someone please let me know if there is any resolution for this? replying on priority will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.