Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800 XM can format/rebuild memory card a...

Contributor

Re: Nokia 5800 XM can format/rebuild memory card automatically

I faced some thing a little different, 

All MY data was blown, deleted. but the maps were still there.. 

totall **bleep** moment.. 

Please use plain text.
Utkersh

Re: Nokia 5800 XM can format/rebuild memory card automatically

[ Edited ]

Hi buddy this is San from Lucknow , I'v recently purchased a 2nd hand Nokia 5800 & immediately started facing problems same to same as yours. This forum is one year old but still I think you would be able to answer me , I want to know if your problem got solved ? And if not then please tell me the following thing's : 

1-When did you purchased the phone ?

2-How was you Battery backup when these errors occured.

3-Did you tried a different memory card & of different brand + different capacity ?

4-Did you tried the same memory card (Nokia 8GB) on a different phone ?

I am an IT Student and Technical in these techtricks, so from my point of view I think it's a Manufacturing defect and that too in hardware , which is causing these malfunctionings. I'v Hard formatted my 5800 + Software Updated to V.60.0.003 but all went in vain. Seems like Software is working fine but there is slight snag in data busses of MMC which causes these errors, it can also be a Firmware Virus or A Firware Bug aroused out from unknown source.

When this error occured 4th time : I hooked up the mmc to card reader on my Laptop and ran a Diskcheck;  the Result showed that there were files without any addresses , these files were copied into a folder named "FOUND" , this folder is hidden so you have to enable the option to view the hidden files ; amongst those hundreds of files there were few very large files when i opened them with windows media player it came out to be my Videos which got erased by the error.

Pls mail me your phone number , I want to talk into this matter in detail with you since you've been to NCC more than 9 times. 

Moderator's note: e-mail address has been removed. Sharing of personal information is not allowed on the forums. Please do not share sensitive or personal information as it could threaten your personal security.

Please use plain text.