Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 uninstall applications problem

Contributor
AMSBatista
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5800 uninstall applications problem

Good afternoon,

I am having following problem:
When I go to the settings menu, the applications installed on my nokia 5800, so I am not shown any applications, the window simply closes and reverts to the previous menu, if you remove the memory card but this does not happen as it is only logical to me appear applications installed in phone memory.
This is the third time that happened, when formatting the memory card the problem is solved, only that I have to reinstall everything again!
Is there any way to solve this problem without having to format the memory card and reinstall everything again?

note: I'm portuguese..... sorry my bad english

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: Nokia 5800 uninstall applications problem

Try to run a disk check for error files, but this situation is normally caused by having two many apps on a low speed card, the bundled card should handle about 50 apps fine, and more depending on app installation sizes and RAM management on your part.

The bundled memory card is just a class 2 card, and read speed is limited so if you install too many apps, this occurs. I suggest you remove apps which are not important. To uninstall when app manager in inaccessible, go to the menu where the app you want to remove is located and select options>organize>highlight app to be removed>options>remove.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AMSBatista

thanks for the help, but where do I run the disk check for the error files?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

On your PC. Connect via mass storage mode, then on My Computer>rightclick your memory card>properties>tools>disk check>check both items>start

Oh yeah, delete the FOUND.000 Folder it makes.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AMSBatista

Ok .. Thanks!
The problem was overcome when uninstalled some applications

Please use plain text.