Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 700 - Screen gets black when calling or...

Henzku

Nokia 700 - Screen gets black when calling or receicing a call?

Hi!

Didn't find a topic for this one yet!

Just had my Nokia 700 phone today and I've only found one problem. When calling or receiving a call the whole screen gets black. It happens straight away and gets back to normal when you end the call. I read from Nokia's official page that it could be becouse something is blocking the sencor on some corner of the phone, but I don't think it's that, becouse it does it no matter if I hold the phone on my hand or let it lay on the table. I thought it could also be couse first I didn't have any picture selected to indivitual callers, so I thought the automatic option was black screen. But I tried to name a picture to one caller, put it still didn't help. The picture doesn't show. Help!

Please use plain text.
Henzku

Re: Nokia 700 - Screen gets black when calling or receicing a call?

And just have to mention, that I've tried shutting the phone down and opening again - no help.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rups_Kumar

[ Edited ]

Thanx Thanx thanx thanxThanx Thanx thanx thanxThanx Thanx thanx thanxThanx Thanx thanx thanxThanx Thanx thanx thanxThanx Thanx thanx thanxThanx Thanx thanx thanxThanx Thanx thanx thanx
For posting this problem...same problem with me ...At first i ignored it...
And please dont tell it OS problem coz i Updated os couple of times by hard reseting and one time from Belle to Belle FP1 but stil the same problem...
Nokia plz plz reply about this problem...Or if other getting same problem plz reply..
Mine is Nokia 701

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey Henzku, Welcome to the Nokia Forum!

Do you happen to have any screen protector or case that would be obstructing the proximity sensor of your device? 

This can cause your device to lock up when trying to answer calls.

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Sheldrick 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rups_Kumar

I am using only Nokia screen protector only........
And it is not happening all the time only when i am getting call...
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi Henzku,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums!

What you have read on the Nokia pages is that the proximity sensor might be blocked. On the Nokia 700 this sensor is in the left of the (ear)speaker. What could cause this is that you use a screenprotector which (partially) covers the sensor which causes it to be activated all the time. Removing the protector or at least removing it from the sensor area would resolve this.

If this is not the case I would suggest you take your Nokia 700 to a Nokia Care Point to have the device checked.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on!

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rups_Kumar

Dude ans me too .. I am using Nokia 701 and having same problem..
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Rups_Kumar wrote:
I am using only Nokia screen protector only........
And it is not happening all the time only when i am getting call...

Hi Rups_Kumar,

In fact the protector which is on the screen when you buy the Nokia 700 or 701 (the film with the silver corner) is not supposed  to stay on there and should be removed when you start using the device.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rups_Kumar

hmm..I am using Nokia 701 not 700...
I got protector on my screen only gdat was given my Nokia..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Try removing it. I never had this problem on my 701,but then I took the protector off before even turning it on for the first time.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Henzku

Re: Nokia 700 - Screen gets black when calling or receiving a call?

Thank you all for such quick answering!

I'm not using any screen protector or shell ("case" I guess is a better word for it in English?) on the phone, so that can't be it. The screen just keeps on getting black during calls. And the lights of the buttons turn off too. I even tried synchronizing the phone, but did no difference. Just hate the idea of getting the phone fixed even before I even got to use it properly! Sucks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rups_Kumar

Dis happening with me from the first day too but not every time
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

I would suggest that you contact the vendor which you bought the phone from and see if they will send you a replacement handset. Unfortunately it seems that this looks like a hardware fault.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Alexander_S

[ Edited ]

I had the similar situation with my Nokia 700 turning screen on and off during the call (I usually use hands-free). Solved at Nokia Care replacing the whole front cover (screen and so on).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

We're just trying all simple options before going down the route of taking it to a care point. Process of elimination!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Alexander_S

Sorry for being frustrated... I see people having the same problems as I have. But I don't see any comments from Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SantaClausLV

I had also problem with black screen when calling or receiving calls.Nokia 700.  But after some time it turned in a normal mode. And now the problem is back. I do not see numbers and people who are calling and persons I call. A sad situation. I agree with idea , that there could be problem with all 700 series.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Briant566

Hi All

I have had this problem with my 701 since Fp2 updates  

But mainly y when i come to dail the numbers from phone book

The thing is its not every time a lot of my contact have ID picturers so i can see whos calling

Some time it shows the picture some times its blanks the screen 

The iritating thing is when you diall and have a blank screen you dont no whats happening til you hear the diall tone

Nokia 701 Helping with Lumia 800
Please use plain text.
yanishka

hi.

eum did get a solution to this black screen

cause am getting the saem problem

and its very annoying.
so can plz tell me if u've got a solution to it!!
thks in advnce!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Briant566

No still the same somtimes i have picture when making  or recieving calls but othere times its blank it blank more times making call 

It doe not mater if you have it flat or in your hand 

So I have just got used to it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cursing:

Nokia 701 Helping with Lumia 800
Please use plain text.