Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 701, Battery Back Up Issue, Bluetooth is...

Contributor
avksuman

Nokia 701, Battery Back Up Issue, Bluetooth issue, Phone backup issue.

Hi

I bought nokia 701 20 days back, I found 3 issues w ith my mobile.

1. As i am transfering my files to other mobile or laptop through bluetooth the mobile says

un able to transfer.Same issue is found while receiving files through bluetooth from other mobiles also.

2.The mobile Battery absorbing so quickly with in 20 hrs, irrespective of using or un using.

I had taken it two times Nokia store and kept in abservation and said that this mobile is like this.

I was astoshined smart phones for nokia previously i had used do not act so.Nokia was not able to keep its word of stand by time with out any applications installed on it.

3.While i am backing up my phone contacts its not backing up and say memory not set.I did not found any  option to found setting of memory for Back Up.

Apart from the above issues.Over all Belle nokia 701 is excellent, if above three can be resolved no other mobile could not beat nokia 701.

Suman.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
karen004

Re: Nokia 701, Battery Back Up Issue, Bluetooth issue, Phone backup issue.

can you tell me the firmware version of your phone....just type *#0000#
Please use plain text.
Contributor
avksuman

Hi

This is info as requested by u.

Software version 111.020.0307

Software Version Date 2011-09-15

Custom Version 111.020.0307.c00.01

Custom Version Date 2011-09-15

Please use plain text.
Contributor
avksuman

Could any one help in these issues.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Yes there is a bluetooth problem. I can received the same file from my other phone but cannot with laptop.
It works with phones.

Battery backup is okay for me. Don't run too many apps and leave them in background. Close them by long pressing menu key and selecting X.

For backup memory card is needed.
As we go for software update or reinstall all data gets deleted. So it needs removable memory card.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nksharma

Does Belle support multiple mail for exchange accounts ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sheraz_zarehs

Is there any soluition to this bluetooth problem on Nokia-701. I have bought it a month ago but this problem is letting my expectation down.........
Please suggest me solution to this problem.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PiElle

[ Edited ]

I can confirm that in the Nokia 701 the battery last less than, for instance, the E6-00 ...   :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
avksuman

No application is running in forground and background.Battery back up is poor in Nokai 701.compare to other smart phones in nokia.Blue tooth transfer is poor.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jiteshdhawan

I am having the 1st and 2nd problem which you have described. The 3rd problem might be exclusive to you. I love this phone, but the battery life sucks big time. Looks like NOkia has played a bad joke this time round. I am looking for alternate batteries which are compatible.

Can anyone suggest me any batteries.

For bluetooth file transfer, I am not sure what is to be done. I dont transfer much files via bluetooth, hence it is not troubling me much. But this battery issue is taking away the charm of Belle.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
avksuman

If the third issue kept aside,I would like to know from any nokia expert the battery problem and blutooth issue lies in firm ware or in the handset.If the problem lies in firm ware, nokia guys can rectify if, but if problem lies in handset, nokia guys should act immediatly for handset replacement by sending stringent orders for replacing so to nokia care guys.Nokia care guys dont know much better then other street side engineers.If these problems are rectified Belle stands first in capturing market share.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
avksuman

Expert Help Needed .

Please use plain text.
Contributor
avksuman

Any Expert could respond on these issues.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lockheedmartin

ha ha dudes atleast u r havng some minor prbs look at me --> facing a frequent ( some where around 3 times some times ) auto restart problem ,firmware is uptodate done hardreset and have reinstalled operating system twice from nokia store still the problem persists !!  does any one of you or ur friends r facing the same prb !! and if u have any solution please do post it

Sandeep
Please use plain text.
Contributor
avksuman

Yes Dude I had face some time back, i had formated mass storage and restarted, if any application installed wrongly nokia 701 starts restarting like that, thank god with out going to nokia care my problem of restarting solved, but i am facing with three issues as i specified previously.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
scman

if problem lies in handset, nokia guys should act immediatly for handset replacement by sending stringent orders for replacing so to nokia care guys.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jiteshdhawan

Actually the above 3 problems mentioned are with all handsets...

It might be with the software!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rupaksamanta21

the bluetooth problem is not the hardware issue problem.its a bugs of the software version,same thing was happend wirh nokia 5130xm.but after new update realeased it fixed, i am using nokia for last 7 years,and there nothing wrong with hardware issue.i have also a 701.same problem i am facing.just wait for next update.all over people of america and europe having 701 are facing same problem.so it's a definitely software issue
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lockheedmartin

am facing this problem when ever the mobile data is on ,  if i turn it off and use it there is no such problem.

Sandeep
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

My battery pack is perfect and lasts approx. 3 days. I've switched off any automatic updates, wifi, NFC, bluetooth, etc. and only switch them on if I use them. I've used a dark background and set the background light to switch off as fast as possible.

Please use plain text.