Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 701 Firmware update

Contributor

Nokia 701 Firmware update

I have just connected my Nokia 701 to Ovi suite and it says there is a new firmware update for my phone.

After backing up the phone, the software goes on to install and then say 'Could not connect to service'

Anyone been able to download the latest firmware version?

CURRENT version 111.010.1009
New version 111.020.0307

Neil

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

Re: Nokia 701 Firmware update

the servers might be overloaded or busy, try later.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yamaneko

Same here. Why oh why I foget Ovi suite? When I purchased Nokia 701 I forgot that Ovi suite is so horrible piece of junk.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Try the Beta Nokia Software Updater then.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

try updating it using OTA on phone itself by dialing *#0000# and then update software
'In God we trust; all others bring data!"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yamaneko

OTA not find and Software Updater stops with "unplanned service break". Great!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
burakberlin

[ Edited ]

this "usually" happens (i m not sure if i am allowed with these bits of experience to make a "statistical" comment) when the update is not released for the sales region of your phone but when there is an update somewhere else..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yamaneko

Today it installed with Ovi Suite. Any information what is fixed/new in this update?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rgulecha

i got the update just now...no changes acc. to me..bt w8..probably it can be the heating of the phone update ?? jst try it out ppl..coz the issues which i hav pointed out here : /t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/nokia-701-current-issues-29-09-2011/td-p/1164557 still exists !!

Please use plain text.