Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 808 Belle FP1 bug: WLAN works but not al...

FredZ38

Re: Nokia 808 Belle FP1 bug: WLAN works but not all apps can use it / no available access points

Ok then

i also saw "limited connectivity" with my 808 pureview.
i received it last night and immediately i felt another fault by nokia in configurations.
and this is my modem

make:LINKSYS

Model:WAG120N
Firmware:VRESION 1.0(only available official firmware)
Authentication: WEP

After two nights playing with all parameters i found this.
problem is coming by Teredo.

808 is using IPv6 as default and to make connection trough IPv4 networks it uses Teredo.
Unfortunately most of WiFi modems are not capable to redirect Teredo to proper port.

i prefer to do not touch my modem.
imagine you face this problem in airport or hotel.
in this case is impossible to access to modem and configure it.

this can solve only by nokia via new updates.

See Modem diagnostic Log

I put *** instead of IP Address digits.

TRY TO CONNECT

Mon, 2012-07-23 22:51:43 - AddPortMapping: external NULL:53853 to ***.***.1.100:53853 protocol UDP for: Teredo with timeout:0
Mon, 2012-07-23 22:51:43 - no permission rule matched : accept by default (n_perms=0)

Mon, 2012-07-23 22:51:43 - redirecting port 53853 to ***.***.1.100:53853 protocol UDP for: Teredo

Mon, 2012-07-23 22:51:43 - creating pass rule to ***.***.1.100:53853 protocol UDP for: Teredo

Mon, 2012-07-23 22:51:43 - GetSpecificPortMappingEntry: rhost='NULL' 53853 UDP found => ***.***.1.100:53853 desc='Teredo'

AND FAIL

Mon, 2012-07-23 22:52:48 - DeletePortMapping: external port: 53853, protocol: UDP

Mon, 2012-07-23 22:52:48 - removing redirect rule port 53853 UDP

Mon, 2012-07-23 22:52:48 - Trying to delete rules at index 0

AND NOW YOU SEE "Limited Connectivity"

I also tried Nokia configuration tool to find some solution but there is no way to remove IPv6 priority.

Let me know you idea.

But Please do not tell me change someting on Modem.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
Craig_Mitchell

Re: Nokia 808 Belle FP1 bug: WLAN works but not all apps can use it / no available access points

[ Edited ]

hi FredZ38,

- IPv6 is not the default IP version in 808 PureView.

- To my understanding, Teredo tunneling is not implemented into Symbian but I would have to check that from R&D.

- Why are you using WEP encryption on this device? It has known security issues. Please use WPA2 (or WPA). My father-in-law couldn't remember his WEP key nor the admin password for his router. I told him to make the coffee and I would 'determine' the WEP key for him. I had the key before he had the coffee ready.

- If you want to discuss about which protocol is used, I would suggest you capture the IP traffic with the Nokia connectivity analyser.(http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia-connectivity-analyzer/more_info)

- The latest firmware for your access point seems to be Ver.1.00.16 and can be found from cisco support pages: http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-apac/support/gateways/WAG120N/

Please use plain text.
Advisor
krxx

"I had the key before he had the coffee ready."  :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
FredZ38

Dear Craig

My firmware is also 1.00.16
I tested several modems.
Now I am wep2.

For your information I updated all maps and installed several apps like angry bird at first night.
It need some tricks to catch connection and keep it alive.
At least 300 MB download already done.

If your are first IP in DHCP it helps a lot.

I feel 808 have one very short timeout to wait for modems to respond and allocate IP.

And switches to IPv6 very fast.

If your modem assigns IP fast , you have more stable connection.

Also you should prevent other applications to connect internet in the mid time.

For example stop all synchronizing,remove nokia Id,Etc.

I saw some people here told they have more stable conditions when they enable QoS.

That's why I think there is a short timeout in connection process.

For me also is very strange,why EAP-SIM and EAP-AKA have higher priority than EAP-TLS for wifi Access Points.

Normally they are useful for WAP Access points.

It`s also possible to find fault in EAP-SIM or EAP-AKA.they are before real deal starts with EAP-TLS or EAP-FAST.

MAYBE!

Tell your fellows in nokia be faster to release new firmware.
Many people are waiting to have 41 MP cameras.

I am trying Nokia connectivity analyzer.
But I believe strongly we should wait for new update.
Analyzer locks the connection and until its running I can`t see “Limited Connectivity” and at the same time I can`t connect to internet with other apps like map loader.
Therefore still I could not catch the point.

Check this from nokia research about teredo.
http://research.nokia.com/files/teredo-pizza.pdf

Hate apple.

Viva nokia.

Please use plain text.
TheTurtle

FredZ38 put such great effort into trying to figure this out, that I was inspired to see what I could do on my network before I sent my pureview back to Amazon.

It turns out that enabling WMM on the 2.5 Ghz band of my router did the trick and gave me a stable Wifi connection at home.  I've been downloading 100s of MBs with no issues, so I think my problem is solved, at least at home.  Disabling WMM puts me back in the intermittent WIfi state that other people on this thread are complaining about.

I'm running a WNDR3700 v1, WPA2 \ AES with a fixed IP.

Obviously, I am now better off than before.  However,  I'm still vaguely dissatisfied that the pureview is sensitive to this setting.  My home wifi is so lightly used that I tend not to bother with things like QoS since I don't have anyone to prioritize traffic over.  I have no idea how this will affect public WIfi that I might occasionally hop on.

Maybe Craig can fill us in on WMM certification for the pureview, and how apps interact with it?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
VitorPxt

I have had the same WiFi connectivity problems.
My Nokia 701 had no Wifi issues before updating to Belle FP1.
After Belle FP1 update, I have had "No Connectivity" or "Limited Connection" errors very often.
My older phone, Nokia C6-01 (Belle, without FP1) works perfectly without any wifi issues in the same wifi spots.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pureviewusa

Since VitorPxt has comfirmed it was introduced with fp1, and its been like "3 months" since it was released and still no official response from Nokia.. this worries me alot.

I hate to say it but, if Apple, Google or Microsoft "introduced" such a serious bug, I believe their response would be in days or few weeks.

Is this ever going to be fixed? If not, just "honestly"  tell us now so 808 owners who are still within their "return policy" window can just throw the phone back and move onto the Lumia line. The same goes for the 3.5G data bug.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tf_translate

[ Edited ]
Dear Craig,
> If I scan this thread, I assume we're having problems with these three access points?

> TP-Link   TL-WA701ND

You got me wrong - this is the one access point that works out of the box for me.  I was having trouble with Linksys which was fixed by a firmware update of the Linksys (but I maintain that all other devices except  for the 808 also worked with the custom Firmware of the Linksys, so it /is/ an 808 issue).

I now have one more AP for your list:  D-Link DAP-1522, FW 1.11, WPA Personal/TKIP, Channel 11, all "Advanced Wireless" settings at default (WMM enable, Short GI, IGMP snooping, 100% Transit Power, DTIM Interval 1, RTS Threshold 2346, Fragmentation Threshold 2346). Unfortunately, I cannot provide a clear error description. Basically, everything works, it is just slow at times. The Map Loader completes successfully, but sometimes it stalls for a couple of seconds or even dozens of seconds, then again it continues very fast. I have no 100% proof that it is a Wi-Fi issue, but I am not having any issues when connected to the same D-Link via cable with my notebook (i.e. Internet, which is again provided by a Draytek gateway, is fast and flawless). I have seen the phone dialing mobile internet like one or two times a week. Problably this is not a good testcase for R&D, I just provide it for completeness' sake.

I will now open another thread about 3G performance of my 808 with German network operators. That one is even worse than the Wi-Fi issue because the phone crashes periodically. So I am basically down to EDGE now although I have a 3G data rate. Stay tuned and please check out the new thread.

Regards,

Tobias

www.tf-translate.net
www.deutscheschule.kiev.ua
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
Craig_Mitchell

Thanks tf_translate for your update,

I noticed the other thread on 3g data connectivity, actually there was a thread covering that already. You don't have to have switch to EDGE, you can just disabled HSPA in the settings > connetivity > admin settings > mobile data > high speed packet access > disabled.

I will leave the 3g data connectivity to the other threads.

As for the wlan issues here, I keep raising them to R&D, tomorrow I have a 808 pureview meeting where this is talked about, I hope to come back with something I can comment here.

cheers, Craig

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tf_translate

[ Edited ]

Dear Craig,

> I noticed the other thread on 3g data connectivity, actually there was
> a thread covering that already. You don't have to have switch to EDGE,
> you can just disabled HSPA in the settings > connetivity > admin settings
> mobile data > high speed packet access > disabled.

Thanks for this, I'll re-post it there, but it did not help for me (my "mobile data" menu is completely empty!? No HSDPA setting there. If you have an idea why that is please post it over there or send me an e-mail).

> As for the wlan issues here, I keep raising them to R&D, tomorrow I have a 808 pureview meeting
> where this is talked about, I hope to come back with something I can comment here.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Oh, and if you could have look at my sipgate.de thread. I remember you said you were fond of SIP, but that thread has 0 responses so far ... Its probably the most solvable of all my problems, though.

Best regards,
Tobias

www.tf-translate.net
www.deutscheschule.kiev.ua
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zarag0za

I have the same problem with a SPEEDTOUCH 585 V6.

All my devices work fine and acces to INTERNET really fast, but my 808 PUREVIEW is unable to acces. It say something like "limited connectivity"  ("conectividad limitada").

My 2 Nintendo 3DS, my WII, the Android phone from my wife. All works fine. But the nokia does not.

I tried with a HUAWEI router and the nokia can Conect . But I want to use the SPEEDTOUCH for various reasons.

Sorry for my bad english. I don't use to use this language.   :-\

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi Craig,

I too have an 808 (122.020.0309) with WLAN connectivity issues. AP details as follows:

Make: BT Home Hub 3
Model: BT Home Hub 3.0B
Firmware V100R001C01B031SP12_L_B (Firmware date 19/07/12)
Authentication: WPA & WPA2
Wireless interface type: 802.11 b/g/n
Encryption: ? unable to identify
Broadcast SSID: enabled
DHCP server: enabled

My N8 has had no issues on this or any other AP. Hope this helps to get the solution.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Sage
dj_nick_t

Hi Craig_Mitchell,

Here are the details for one more router stating WLAN connectivity issues when downloading large files (e.g mp4 videos via YouTube Downloader):

Make: MSI
Model: RG60SE
Firmware vers 3.7.2 Build 080303 Rel.57149n

Hardware vers RG60SE v1.0 08140201

Channel: 6

Mode: 54Mbps (802.11g)

Authentication: WPA-PSK//WPA2-PSK

Security option: Automatic

Encryption: Automatic
DHCP server: enabled

Regards.

Previous (starting with '99): 5110 (2 pcs.); 6110; 6150 (2 pcs.); 6210; 6310i; 6680; N70; N73; N82 Silver; N97 Transition Black; N97 mini Cherry Black; iPhone 3GS 16GB Black; iPhone 4 16GB Black; N8-00 Dark Grey; iPhone 4S 16GB Black
Current: 808 PureView Black (Nokia Belle FP2, v113.010.1507) & iPhone 5s 32GB Space Gray (iOS 7.0.6)
Please use plain text.
Popa

[ Edited ]

Hello, Craig Mitchell

I guess I’m another PureVictim of 808. So here is another router that will not appease 808. I have this router and I’m using it for a long time without any problems for all devices I have ever connected to my WiFi including Nokia N8 and 5800. The 808 will drop WiFi connectivity immediately after I start do something (go to store, browsing the web, streaming audio or video).

Router  Westell

Firmware Version:                                   50.03.00.10            

Model Name:                                            A90-9100EM15-10

Hardware Version:                                   A

Serial Number:                                         08AK07000385

INI File Name:                                           096-900205-02

INI File Version:                                         A

Physical Connection Type:                      Multimedia over Coax (MOCA)

Broadband Connection Type:                 DHCP

Broadband Connection Status:              Connected

Wireless Status

Radio Enabled:           YES

SSID:                          Name

Channel:                     Automatic (1)

Security Enabled:       YES

WEP:                          N/A

WEP 802.1x:              N/A

WPA (ASCII):           Name

Encryption Algorithm      AES

SSID Broadcast:        Enabled

MAC Authentication:            Disabled

Wireless Mode:           Mixed - accepts 802.11b and 802.11g connections

Packets Sent Total:     1217085

Packets Received:      1019883

Regards

Please use plain text.
Alphax

Great phone. I waited for it for months but since it arrived a few days ago, it's had this WLAN connectivity problem. As much as I hate to return it, I am doing exactly that because I cannot put up with the spotty connection. I will go back the N8 for now and will gladly return to the 808 when Nokia corrects this. Sad.

Please use plain text.
Fotomats

I also have problems with the connection. In my case it's because my Wi-Fi access point in the phone is moved to the destination "not categorized", by itself. This happens randomly.

When I move back my access point to the default destination (in my case the "Internet"), the connection works again. For a time. ;-)

I find it hard to understand how this has to do with the network equipment you have. How can the network equipment tell the phone to move the access point to another category???

In my world, the problem (in my case) is the phone, not the network equipment. But that's me. :smileyhappy:

Anyway here is my configuration:

Make: Netgear
Model: WPN802
Firmware vers V1.0.6.0
Authentication: WPA2-PSK
Encryption: AES
DHCP server: disabled

This phones works just fine in my network:

E70

E71

E72

E90

E6-00/Anna

E7-00/Belle

Best regards
Mats J.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi - Any update on this issue please? You say a lot of effort is going into this, so I'd expect something reassuring soon. A £500 smartphone without stable WLAN or GPRS connectivity isn't so smart. Love the handset (and symbian platform) so quietly living with these issues. I only use these connectivity choices for browsing and e-mail, but I can imagine a user of all/some of the social networking aspects would be totally frustrated.

Look forward to this getting fixed eventually, hopefully sooner rather than later, my unlimited data plan is hardly used at this time.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Advisor
peterku

Hi,

I bought Nokia 808 week ago and imediately found wifi drops (Google WiFi free network in Mountain View). 

At home I have problems with two wifi routers I have (Zyxel and Well WRC with WEP). I use WEP exactle to not have problems with devices connection... I have problem also with wifi generated by portable WiFi hotspot on android device. Adhoc, opened without authentication.

I will not bother with router firmware versions, because it is clearly Nokia's problem and evidently general one.

This is absolute shame. Basic functionality unusable. This can be on 10$ cheap chinese toys and not on flag ship of world class company as NOKIA worth 620$...

I work in telecommunication, I know processes and how hard is to find bug, but this time I'm on customer side and this behavior is unnacceptable. 

If you need some volunteer for testing, installing of debug SW I can do that...

Peter

Please use plain text.
goerli10

[ Edited ]

Hi,

the last 3 days i wasted a lot of time to solve the discussed problem with the NOKIA 808.

The discussion about routers and access points is not helpfull for the solution, these cannot be the reason of the failure.

Most i need the WLAN out of my home in hotels, coffeshops, airports etc. and i cannot change the routers and

access points of the provider.

I have no problems with my other NOKIA phones ( E51,E71 N97,N8 with Belle) with WLAN at home and outside.

it 's a problem with the firmware and NOKIA has to solve the failure.

Due to the new camera of 808 i wanted to replace my N8. But now i will return the phone to AMAZON.

What a shame for NOKIA.

Gerd

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pureviewusa

goerli10,

Everyone understands that bugs do occur and is part of the software cycle. The most shameful thing is Nokia's handling of it! They have not reached out to the user's to help them find the problem, they have not officially admitted  any problems even though tens (hundreds?) of users see the problem.

And they drew this out beyond the 30 day return policy!

Please use plain text.