Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 808 Camera app update

Advisor
trampjuicerocks

Nokia 808 Camera app update

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I just updated the Nokia 808 camera app via Nokia Suite.

However when I now use the camera from the side key it simply shows the viewfinder view. - i.e. whatever I am pointing it at at but without any icons - just the picture. It doesnt take photos.

When I start the camera from the camera app it just shows a black screen.

I had these symptoms about a week ago, assumed it was a software conflict  and did a full factory reset.

This 'cured it'. and the camera worked well for about a week untill I upgaded to the latest Camera App and Installed Noki Big Screen and upgraded maps just now. 

What am I doing wrong? I can't have this occuring all the time.

Weird fault 2: I also cannot delete from gallery (stored on mass storage)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Nokia 808 Camera app update

trampjuicerocks wrote:

What am I doing wrong? I can't have this occuring all the time.

You may be doing nothing wrong as several users have reported issue with camera just showing "viewfinder image" as here:http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/nokia-808-camera-won-t-open/m-p/1597...

Do you get same result with any third party camera applications?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.