Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N70 Problem

Contributor

Nokia N70 Problem

I got the nokia n70 yesterday and i have a 64mb MMC card with it...i have only installed a small poker game and thats it.

The phone is very slow at loading...
I did an update on it and when i press *#0000# i get:
v 5.0705.3.0.1
30-01-07
rm-84

anybody give me any advice? i hate starting it up to being slow lol

Thanks

Jason
Please use plain text.
Professor
kamenlitchev

If it takes 30-60 seconds, then it's normal...
Ericsson T10i -> Nokia 7110 -> Siemens C45, C55, M55, M65 -> Nokia 6131, N73, N82 -> HTC Wildfire, Desire HD -> Nokia Lumia 800 -> HTC Desire X -> Lumia 820 -> Sony Xperia SP -> Lumia 925 + Sennheiser CX 500
If I've helped, use the Kudos button to thank
:smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

yea it does, but is there now way to speed it up?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

[ Edited ]
I assume the FW is the latest, but to my knowledge a N70 with 64 MB card takes 30-60 secs IS NOT NORMAL.

Message Edited by korngear on 30-Dec-2007 11:25 PM
Please use plain text.
Professor
kamenlitchev

OK, let's do this - On Januray 3rd, I am at work again. I will take a N70, format it and will clock the startup time. Then I'll post it here.

BTW, generally, the fastest start time for a phone is when it is newly formatted. So - if you have anything additionally installed, it will start slowing down. So, if you want to speed it up, you need to uninstall applications and I doubt you will want that.

So no - there's no reasonable way to speed booting up.

As a reference - my N73 took more than a minute and a half to start with full set of applications I use. The N82 I use now starts in 15 seconds :smileywink:
Ericsson T10i -> Nokia 7110 -> Siemens C45, C55, M55, M65 -> Nokia 6131, N73, N82 -> HTC Wildfire, Desire HD -> Nokia Lumia 800 -> HTC Desire X -> Lumia 820 -> Sony Xperia SP -> Lumia 925 + Sennheiser CX 500
If I've helped, use the Kudos button to thank
:smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

ok i went to nokia today and they told me it was slow because of the additional stuff vodaphone had put on there...so i got a refund for my phone because it was really winding me up..thinking of ordering it from the nokia website =D

I formatted my n70 and timed the startup...took 42 seconds...

if i had been hit by a bus, and my phone was turned off..i would have been dead within that 42 seconds..

Thanks for the help everybody :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

Eh...I previously told that was not normal. Hope you will get a new less than 26 seconds to life phone!:smileyvery-happy:
Happy Nu Year!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Oh and if you want a phone that starts up very quickly try the Nokia S40 range.
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.