Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 - Bluetooth - Asus P8P67

Contributor

Nokia N8 - Bluetooth - Asus P8P67

Hi,

my new motherboard , Asus P8P67, got an onboard bluetooth adapter. It pairs with the N8 but thats it. No function, e.g. moving files, work. I always get the error "device not responding", so it seems the adapter doesn't get access to the phone. I tested my old BT-adapter (USB) and that works fine. Any ideas ?

thank you

- Nokia N8 -
Please use plain text.
Sage
Chefproll

You need to install a proper working "Bluetooth stack". Google is your friend.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks Chefproll, but i googled already for this problem, or i don't use the right tags. As i said, the mobo pairs with the N8 but  without getting any access. Please give me a hint for what to look for exactly ? Is it a problem with the mobo's "stack" ?

- Nokia N8 -
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
akyeren

hey, I have exactly the same problem here, P8P67 deluxe won't connect with C7, pairing went okay.

Please use plain text.
pijar

Hey, i got same problem too, which has been discussed here:

/t5/Hardware-Codes-and-Operator/Bluetooth-driver-Windows-7-N8/td-p/832689

As far as I noticed, the problem occured with Atheros AR3011 bluetooh module, mostly found on Acer and Asus laptop. (mine is Acer).

Anybody found a solution yet?

Please look into this problem Nokia!! Please....

Please use plain text.
ARS1995

I have the same problem. Windows 7 x64, ASUS P8P67, Built-in software (Atheros Bluetooth Suite) and... trouble with N8. With other phone (Samsung) - works fine. How to fix this?

Please use plain text.
Sage
dumpystig

With reference to the thread mentioned by pijar, download and install this >

http://www.download-source.de/1758412/ASUS-P8P67rev30-Atheros-AW-AR3011-Bluetooth-Driver-Package/

After pulling my hair out and kicking the cat this sorted my problems, been using it ever since.

Please use plain text.
Sage
dumpystig

And I'm using a HP xw6600 Workstation, Win 7 Ultimate x64, so it will probably work on most machines.

Please use plain text.
ARS1995

Yes, I've fixed my problem. Updating the Atheros driver will fix the problem. I have downloaded the file named "www.x-drivers.ru_atheros_bluetooth_suite_7.4.0.82_win7.zip" (it contains a SFX archive that contains a "Bluetooth_Suite_win7.exe") from a Russian driver web-site (I live in Russia) then installed it. It automatically uninstalled the old driver and started the setup of the new driver. I have completed the setup then rebooted the PC.

Then I paired from the Nokia Suite. Now it works fine. 

Please use plain text.

I've checked your file and it doesn't seem to be clean. It trys to change explorer.exe and other running processes. Then it wants to install any kind of downloader.I don't trust it and i doubt if this website can be trusted.

Finally , i've found another version 7.4.0.110 from Atheros that now works great  with my N8.

- Nokia N8 -
Please use plain text.