Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 Firmware Bug(Sensor Setting)

Advisor

Nokia N8 Firmware Bug(Sensor Setting)

Whenever I filp over my N8 on an incoming call it goes into silent mode even though the sensor setting is set to off.

I forced my friend to buy a N8 and this problem was also found in his N8 Grey.

Are nokia developers aware of this?

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFk0DSjaxIc

Please use plain text.
Sage
m80116

[ Edited ]

Mine does exactly the same thing (and I think everyone else's) on firmware PR1.2.

I am quite afraid I can lose incoming calls now.

NOKIA should definitely address this issue.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
miladkos2

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I wonder why Nokia is still not aware of this issue and why not addressing the problem?

I'm expecting a device update for this otherwise I'm gonna have to sell off my N8. :smileysad:

I'm a biker and bcoz of this issue I cannot recognize an incoming call. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
miladkos2

[ Edited ]

It happened to me again,:smileymad: but I managed to make it work again. It seems when you restart the phone this option stops working properly. So what I did to make it work again is:

1. I ticked the silence calls box, then

2. I restarted the phone,

3. With the ticked box tried calling to see if it worked – it did what it was supposed to do (it silences the calls when I turn the phone over), and

4. Then I un-ticked the box and it started to work properly i.e. it does not silence the calls.

From trial and error, I noticed that step 3 is important!

Good luck.

Please use plain text.