Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 - How long can I listen to music? [An...

Universal11
Accepted Solution

Nokia N8 - How long can I listen to music? [And other interesting questions]

Hello guys! I am a Nokia n8 user and I am pretty happy with it ( Wouldn't trade it for an Iphone ) . I am going in a trip soon and I would like to know if I can listen to Music on my N8 for around 6-7 hours without recharging. I am going to use Pioneer SE-M390 Headphones and I'd like to turn the volume very high ( Maybe Max ). Do you think my phone can handle it? I have recently deleted all widgets and turned off all background apps . With energy saving mode the phone survies decently a few days ( it simply stays unused ). Do you think I should better buy a MP3 Player? The ones I have been looking into are pretty expensive and I thought the phone might be good too since the sound is superb and has a lot of memory. Also during the camp I might be the "DJ" with the Radio FM transmitter. Plugged in with the charger would it be able to transmit continuously for 8 hours ( I dont want to burn it =D ). Further more I would also like to buy a MicroSD Card , a Sandisk Ultra 32gb ANDROID. What does the Android stand for? On Sandisk's site it says it is specially designed for Android phones. Does it mean I cannot use it with my N8  ( Belle OS ) ? I dont wanna spend 60$ for something useless. Some guys said I can "Format" the MicroSD to get rid of the "application for Android" located on the MicroSD. What do you think? Thanks!

Sorry for making this long but I decided to ask everything in one post. Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Universal11

Re: Nokia N8 - How long can I listen to music? [And other interesting questions]

Guys can you answer my question? If not I am going to an Unofficial n8 forum and I bet they are more responsive...Anyway I am more interested in the MicroSD 32gb Sandisk Ultra Android card Problem. Please read above this post the problem! Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Re: Nokia N8 - How long can I listen to music? [And other interesting questions]

Hi Universal11,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum!

You will be able to listen to music on your N8 without charging for 6-7 hours, try not to use any other applications on your phone at the same time as this will drain the battery faster. For the best result, switch your phone to the Offline mode. You can do this by short pressing the power button and selecting Offline. 

To ensure full compatibility, use an SD card with a minimum of Class 4 and a maximum of Class 6. The memory card limit is 32GB.

Playing music with the Radio FM transmitter for 8 hours in a row won't be a problem. The phone will heat up, but it won't damage the device. Do make sure you're using a Nokia charger to make sure it gets charged correctly.

Hope this clears things up.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

[ Edited ]

Hi Universal11,

The maximum volume depends on your headphone impedance (see the link for more information), which in this case is rather high. We would recommend that you first test the headphones with your Nokia N8 to see what kind of performance you are going to get. The impedance issue will also affect other portable devices, so it may be that the performance will not be much different on a MP3 player.  

Let us know if this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Universal11

[ Edited ]

Thanks for replying back! I have been runing the music with the headphones for like 2 hours and it drained around 15-20% of the battery so I think it will be enough for my trip ( the phone was not fully charged when i started) . Now about the MicroSD from Sandisk , the 32GB Ultra "ANDROID" one. Can you explaine me if I can use it even if it says "ANDROID" on it? Is it only for Androids or it works well on other phones too ( with other OS) ? Thanks again!

Quick Edit: Iris said " to ensure full compability use a class4 to class6 MicroSD card . Well this one from Sandisk is Class 10? Is it really a problem? Even if it is MORE EXPENSIVE I want the BEST QUALITY. Do you have any OTHER Solutions?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

[ Edited ]

Hi Universal11,

Thanks for your reply.

You'll be able to use the SD card even though it's an 'Android' SD. However, we recommend a Class 4 or Class 6 SD card as Class 10 can cause issues. The phone might not be able to read the data off the SD card when it's Class 10, buying a class 4 or 6 will ensure full compatibility.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.