Nokia needs to fix the sreced up music player. I was ok in every other nokia device. Wich idiot made the new one!?
Seperate Artist and Album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (It's not a pleasure to hear music at the moment)
Edit music tag!!!
Search for tracks!!
Custom EQ levels!
Also the homescreen swiping needs to be improved (it's laggy).
And the while I'm writing an sms/email/note the n8 doesn't get everyting i type (it's laggy too)!
I would like image-stabilisation when making pictures, just as the video-stabilisation.
I had that on my LG Renoir, should be on the N8 as well, I think.
2011-01-26 20:01 - edited 2011-01-26 20:06
Why can't I change my aspect ratio when playing a video over HDMI??
Frustrating and hopefully this would be added!
there is bug that music library doesnt get refreshed if i copy songs from my computer using 'mass strorage'. each time either i have to delete files from E: \Private or i have to plug in usb OTG and then remove it..This bug should be removed.
I have also noticed that sometimes the camera shutter remains open.
@ llUMINATUz -but still its all clear , you can buy and have fun.. nobody uses same phone for ages. and nokia n8 will remain best untill next year..cheers
2011-01-28 6:03 - edited 2011-01-28 6:04
thats great to hear buddy.. dad will get me that if i get 80% in the coming exams.. ^_^
but not now.. only after the results are announced.. so maybe about june or so..
but if i get a better model ill take that one maybe.. but i LOVED the camera (hacked and playing at 720p@30fps with autofocus!! according to engadget.com) and the fm transmitter.. i think im in love with this phone lol..
sorry for goin offtopic.. btw whats the current price? im from India
if you know by any chance where can i get her at the cheapest? like nokia priority or theMobileStore or BigC or what ever..
Edit : I kinda have a feeling that im making a steal if I take a look at this one.. check it out..
iOS and Android sh*tting their pants.. MeeGo maybe the future of Symbian..
oh btw check the comments as well.. they missed out a few + points in N8..
the nokia is goin else where.. android and iOS are goin to wet their pants.. lol
Using N8 pr1.0.
For some reason clipboard paste does not work when filling the Wlan password.
- copy wlan passoword (i have) to clipboard from .txt file in the phone.
- Search wlan and connect to desired one.
- type the password needed: There is no paste option available.
Clipboard should exsist in this situation!
I was on a long train journey the other day, and the battery in my Walkman died, so I was forced to resort to using the music player on the N8...
First of all, the maximum volume is not very loud. Not as loud as it is on some older Nokia phones or gadgets. This is something which definitely needs addressing! My Walkman is loud enough to block out the sounds of the train and other commuters, but with the N8 I could still hear conversations going on a few rows behind me, as well as the noise of the train carriage!
Secondly, the N8's bass is far too deep. I don't like bass, and the absence of a user defineable equaliser means I had to endure the most horrible bass, even when I set the in-built equaliser to Classical. Seriously, the deep bass made me want to poo myself!
Thirdly, why did Nokia make the decision to get rid of a STOP button? Everytime I go to use the music player I press play expecting the song to start from the beginning, but it just continues from the last point where I stopped it - Or paused it rather, as there is no way to actually STOP a track and start it from the beginning. Instead, they force you to pause a song and press Rewind to start a track over from the beginning.
This is just wrong in my opinion, and a proper music player should have FOUR buttons by default:
PLAY / PAUSE
Also, the way that tracks are displayed is really bugging me now. It's all well and good Nokia saying that we have to make our own playlists, but how can we do that when we can't even find the tracks we're looking for in the first place? Why did the format for displaying tracks need to be changed at all? How is the current method better than the previous method? It's not! They changed it for the sake of changing something, thus making everybodies life harder in the process!
I really hope Nokia fix the music player, as it is one of the three primary functions which I use my smartphone for, alongside texting, making phone calls, and taking pictures. However, other people on other forums have mentioned that Nokia reportedly believe that the music player is a secondary feature, and actually rank GPS and internet as higher priorities!
I could design better software for the N8 with my eyes closed, so why can't Nokia get Symbian right for the N8, and why did they need to change the basics from previous models when they worked fine?
I would also like to comment on the camera Image Quality setting.
Currently, we are able to choose from 12M, 9M, 3M, 1.3M, and 0.3M - What kind of a range is that?
No 8M, 5M, or 2M options? Why not? Why is there such a huge gap between 9M and 3M with nothing between? If I want pictures of a certain size, I have to shoot at the higher quality and then waste time on my PC editing them and scaling them down to 5M size
Is the camera not capable of capturing pictures at 5M? Or any other resolution for that matter? In my opinion, a camera capable of capturing pictures at 12M should also have settings to shoot at various other resolutions at regular intervals, rather than just the few they decide. I expect at least a 5M setting to be added!
And whilst i'm in the mood for a rant, I also have a few issues when marking text messages...
Say I have an inbox full of messages and I wanted to mark certain ones to move or delete, but wanted to keep the others... First I would do a long-hold on the first message I wished to mark and press the "Mark" option. However, I cannot do this for subsequent messages, where I have to touch the message, choose "Mark / Unmark" from the options which pops up at the bottom of the screen, and then "Mark" from yet another pop-up.
Why do they make it so confusing? Why can I simply not perform the same long-hold action for every message I wish to mark?
Better still, why is there simply not a "Mark several" option on the long-hold pop-up, allowing you to then just touch the messages you want to mark?
If Nokia aen't going to change some / all of the above mentioned issues with the current N8 firmware, then I would at least expect them to come on here and justify why certain operations are how they are. Or did they just not put as much thought into the operation?
2011-01-28 17:50 - edited 2011-01-28 18:13
It would be nice to be able to turn Power Saving option automaticly in scheduled time, for example at night when i dont need a phone.
That's one of the things that "Situations" http://store.ovi.com/content/75243 offers.
It's still Beta sw but I've had it on my N8 for ages without any issues.
* Ability to disable ambient light sensor. It's always fading up and down and causes me discomfort.
* MP3 ID3 tags editable, like on N82 and other previous phones. In N82 MP3 tags are not editable.
2011-01-30 5:21 - edited 2011-01-30 5:51
At the beginning of my post I would like to tell, that I would be very pleased, if Nokia consider applying those suggestions in next firmware (I think that those things are very important, most of them /if not all/ were mentioned in earlier post).
N8 is a great phone but... there are several things that should (or must) be changed.
- add abillity to choose music files only from selected folder (for example: I only want to hear music from e:\Music\Depeche Mode - 101)
- don't merge artits with songs, those things must be separated.
- there must be a search option in music player (everywhere, while looking by artist, track, genre, album etc.)
- option to edit mp3 tags and add equalizer presets
- option to multiselect songs (adding to playlists would be easier ) - for example, choose "multiselect" from options popup menu, and then while clicking on a song (on songs list, not matter if it's songs, artists or other kind of list) - just simple tick it (like in photo browser), while holding finger pressed on those files for longer - popup with options (add to playlist, remove, play etc.)
- option to select a folder from wich images should be viewed (for example - I would like to hold all of my picures in E:\Images and I select it) - it would prevent viewing music albums covers etc. in photo browser
- as the name say - there should only be photos in photo browser. Videos - there's a dedicated video browser for itp
- option to sort photos by name, time of made, folder etc. (organising photos to albums would be much easier)
- option to make a "stronger" zoom, sometimes a zoom more than 100% is needed (mayby as a option from pop-up menu or something).
- multiselecting messages - like mentioned in music player section, there must be an option to select several messages. Maybe something like choose "select" from option pop-up menu, then "tick" several messages, while they are "checked", after longer hold of finger at the screen - pop-up menu with options: remove, mark as read, move to folder, etc. It's very, very important to have this option!
- possibility to reorder main folders in messages section (I like to have "my folders" right after "inbox", not at the end
- while using polish letters (I'm from Poland), when I choose simple coding method in sms options - it's not respected, messages are sent with diacratic signs (using simple coding ą sholud be changed into a, ć -> c, ś -> s, ó -> o, etc.) - if it doesn't work, when I write using T9, all words are with polish characters. If one of them is in the sms, I can use only 70 (not 160) characters per sms. That option works great in E66, in N8 - you can set it but it doesn't work.
- there's no option to move/cut files... only copy and remove. It's a obvious bug.
- multiselect (in the way that I mentioned in SMS/MMS section) - with remove, copy, move options.
- calculator - there should be a scientific version of it
- stop watch and timer - also needed.
- alarms - I'd like to define alarm with option to repeat it (for example - at specified days a week at specific time)
- Ovi Maps - sometimes is good to review whole generated route (not only "jumping" between turning points, intersections etc.)
- photo editor - option to save/overwrite the original picture, not create edited copy
- vibration - it's so weak..
- PR2.0 - when?
Those are the main things that I noticed while using N8.
Red one's are the most important things.
Without it, using mentioned functionality is inconvenient, I have no pleasure of using music player (it's terrible hard and it takes so long to create a playlist or play songs from one artist, if some of them are not correctly tagged - search option or multiselect lack...)
I really believe that those things will be fixed soon. It's not only my wish, lots of people mentioned that in earlier post. At the moment I consider get back to my E66 which is moooooore functional (because of thins mentioned in my post)... Can't wait to see that things changed/fixed in N8
Nokia, I count on you.
Is there any way/programme/option thru which I could view and/or edit the ratings of my mp3 tracks on my N8?.
2011-01-30 10:46 - edited 2011-01-30 11:40
* Ability to select wich files and/or folders should be added to the music and video galleries, since downloaded ringtones are added as music and images and icons from navigatons software are added as images by default.
* Big files are not backed up in NBU format, using the OVI software. I don't know why, but if you have a 2,08 GB MKV file it won't be saved and restored via phone backup/restore. I need complete support like iPhone has via iTunes.
Gemini the volume is perfectly loud enough. Nokia like all other music device manufacturers can and will only allow the music to be played up to a certain volume due to the potential of users damaging their hearing and suing the company.
Sadly these days if nokia apple etc didnt they would get sued pretty much instantly by someone not willing to accept responsability for their own actions so i wouldnt expect nokia to change that at all.
Have you tried turing off the bass boost in the equaliser?
For higher volume and etter sound i advise a better set of headphones. I have a pair of sennheiser cx300 in hears which work pretty damn well. If the background noise is that much of an issue then may i suggest a pair of bose quiet comfort headphones. Very expensive but very good at what noise cancelling apparently.