Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8 reduce lower SAR value

smile2

Nokia N8 reduce lower SAR value

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have noticed that nokia N8 has high SAR value of 1.02 W/kg when Samsung Galaxy 2 has SAR of 0.35 !

I did have not found any posts about bad reception quality on samsung, so why nokia choose so high SAR value??? My old N6680 has SAR of 0.64 and thats a phone I can use anywhere, elevators, bad receptions areas you name it.

So my quations is this:

How can I reduce - lower the SAR value of nokia N8 with service application or plugin whatever.

The Service manual for N8 uses software to test the transmitter with various levels of power settigns, so there should be a way to set lower power, that will increase battery life and you probably know WHO anounced that microwaves are cancerogenic don't you?

Please use plain text.
rebolon

Re: Nokia N8 reduce lower SAR value

Hi,

i'm interested in your question because a so high value is not a good thing in my opinion. If there is no way to reduce it i may change to a samsung phone (most of them has low sar value) because i take care of my health, and of my family's health.

Hope you will have answer.

Please use plain text.
smile2

Nokia has software to calibrate the antenna power so why nobody has made application that would allow to adjust max power? Are you programmers stupid or something, don't you care about your health?

Nokia N8 is a cool phone, I like the address book, camera, free maps. But if I have to choose between 1W SAR and 0.33W SAR , then I go get the samsung and bye bye nokia.

Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

everytime i have no signal, even when i'm not holding the phone at my ear i blame people concerned about SAR values.
There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
Professor

It is not quite as simple as that.

Phones always have to be below a particular SAR value, and depending on which part of the world you are in it is typically 2. That is already a very low level, so when you are comparing figures like 0.35 and 1.02 you are comparing two very small numbers below another small number that is already a threshold many times below which any harm would be caused.

You also should know that the figure quoted is the maximum for a range of different tests and conditions including against the head, body and hand and different channels and voice and data modes, also combined with WiFi etc..

All this means that in  a typical situation when you are just making a phone call the SAR value in most phones is below than the figure quoted - although again you are still only comparing two very small numbers....

and the reason why Nokia doesn't allow you to change the power levels is that those are very carefully calibrated to meet the GSM and WCDMA standards otherwise the device would not be certified and allowed for sale, and would most likely not work....

Please use plain text.