Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N85 Bottom Panel Issue

Nokia N85 Bottom Panel Issue

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased the Nokia N85-1 Phone, I love it, its such a great phone. I just started to notice the bottom panel started to have light leakage since the adhesive keeping it together started to weaken.

Is the bottom panel seperating from the phone a common issue with the phone ?

If it is a common problem, is there any permanent fixes I can do? Since there no point of exchanging the phone since its gonna just happen again.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Nokia N85 Bottom Panel Issue

by bottom panel do u mean the battery cover? if so, then the answer is yes this is F'ing annoying, yes it hapeeneds to every N85 and yes there is no fix.
Please use plain text.

Opps I should of clarified, I meant the front bottom panel where the directional pads are located.
Please use plain text.
Sage
alsiladka

Yup, it is a reported issue with the N85. People have even reported it coming off completely! If it starts coming out, take your phone to the nearest Nokia Care center.
Please use plain text.

I wish I can do that =( but there isn't one thats close to me =(

What would happen if i glued it back on, once it eventually falls off, would there be any inteference in how the way the buttons respond?

It hasnt fallen off yet so I'm not sure if the glueing idea is a good one.

Anyone got any DIY tips for it?

THanks

Please use plain text.
Sage
blackslash

i dont approve glueing it by your self. better take it to the place where you bought it my friend.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

yes unfortunatley it is a rather common issue for this model. i have had mine since the end of october 2008 and it started almost immediately, however it has stopped actually progressing. so yes there is a leak but it does not affect ability to perform commands on the dpad so i just let it be and pay close attention to what might happen next. as far as i know there has not been any solution thus far and yes you are right that if you do exchange your phone the chances are that it might happen again. i will continue to search for some solutions on the net, if i come up with something of value and a more permanent solution i will post it on the boards. and anyone who has encountered any reasonable solution that does not void the warranty please share your discoveries as well.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.

Thanks guys for info and tips =D hopefully i hear from you soon Rad =D

Yes please anyone who has a reasonable solution please post it, it'll be greatly apprciated by N85 Community =D

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

you are welcome, tho this is not good news, it is what it is for now. will certainly keep you posted. rad.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.