Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N86 8MP Photo Album problem

Registered Member

Nokia N86 8MP Photo Album problem

Hi

Recently, when I opened the gallery to look at my photos, I found that in the "Captured" section of the gallery it said I had 0 photos, when previously there were around 300. If I try to browse to the pictures using the "Months" feature I also find there are 0 photos. The photos all still exist under the "All" catergory, however they have lost all the album associations they had before, and also a lot of them, had become other photos, in the older photographs kept cropping up again and again in the list of pictures.

When connected to the PC in mass storage mode the photos were all still there, and the ones which seemed to be duplicates of old photos when viewed on the phone were actually the photo they were supposed to be. Anyway, now when I take a new photo it it goes into the captured section of the gallery, BUT when I try to view the picture all I get is a thumbnail and picture of old pictures taken back in September. Again, on the PC they are the right photos, as they are meant to be.

This is super annoying, as I cannot view pictures I have taken recently, and most of the old pictures are unviewable as well (since the phone thinks they are duplicates of other photos), and the organisation of the 300 or so previous pictures has been lost, they are not in albums any more. 

I have found NO helpful support regarding this with some Goolgling, PLEASE can someone help me out here? I am sorry if the description is unclear, but this is an awkward problem to describe. ANY help at all would be appreciated, as I have only just got this phone, and i really like all the features of it but I mainly bought it for tyhe camera and if it won't work I will have to change it for something inferior in functionality, but more reliable in imaging.

Thanks in advance

Henry 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Nokia N86 8MP Photo Album problem

Mine does that sometimes. It is a bug. Take the battery off and restart the phone. The pictures taken won't ever return to the gallery but new ones should go in properly. Yet another infuriating feature. There seems to be an issue with the phone if you close the camera slider with the main slider open. It causes some issue with saving new pictures. It also does it even if you are careful not to do this after so much use. Unless you check after every photo taken that it has gone into the gallery you have no idea it is doing this as the post picture preview appears as normal. I also wonder whether going into messaging with a photo while the camera slider is still open is leading to this bug too.

It might be better to save all the pics onto the pc and delete every one of them off the phone and see if you can restore them back from the pc.

Also see if a sd card is any more/less reliable for picture taking storage. 

Please use plain text.
emkingy

Hi, 

I know this is a post from a few months ago but wondered if there was any update. I have opened the photos today and found all I took at the weekend of my mums 60th are now missing, completely gutted. Is there anyway to save the photos to memory card? I am sure this is how the N95 was set up.
Thanks

Emily

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

The photos are probably in there but not visible in the gallery. I found when I plugged the phone into my laptop all the photos including 'missing' ones were downloaded if I used iphoto. I assume the same would be true of any other photo program. There is a file manager in the phone's office apps section I think so if you browse that folder and copy all of them dated that day onto a card then hopefully they should be saved. There should be a setting to choose where you want photos saved too so you should be able to get it to save straight out to a card rather than using the mass storage.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@emkingy - to save the photos to memory card, go to the camera>options>settings>memory in use...at least thats the command string i remember.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
emkingy

thank-you for trying to help, unfortunately the photo's seem to be lost but now have it set up to memory card to save. 

Please use plain text.