Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N95 in the UK!!! When???

Contributor

Nokia N95 in the UK!!! When???

Hi all! this might sound a bit of a stupid question but i've been surfing the net to find out about buying a N95 but i haven't really stumbled across anything to any relevance to where and when i can buy one in England. Could anyone fill me in on when and where i can aquire one, preferably simless and not off the net(highstreet shop).
Cheers!
N-Gage QD
Please use plain text.
Professor
sosul

I didnt think the networks in the UK could support it
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Well i've seen it in Nuts magazine which is pure british so i wouldn't of thought that they would publish somthing in there mag that would be of no use to anyone who lives in britain, but thanks anyway!
N-Gage QD
Please use plain text.
Advisor

09-Nov-2006
02:17 PM
sosul wrote:
I didnt think the networks in the UK could support it

I have no idea why they wouldn't be, afaik technologically the UK is pretty similar to the rest of Europe when talking mobile phones...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Well thats what i would of thought. So does anyone know the timespan in which we will be able to aquire one within the UK?
N-Gage QD
Please use plain text.
Professor
bigguy

[ Edited ]
From what I read in the technology press the N95 will be available in the UK somewhere in January 2007.

Message Edited by bigguy on 09-Nov-2006
10:07 PM

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

N95 might not be out by Q1 07, it will be available Q2 07...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Cheers, much appreciated!
N-Gage QD
Please use plain text.

Well, judging from the N80, 6280 and N91 I reckon you're looking at least 4 months after any published dates! I would suggest that Nokia will eventually say second quarter, which means on the last day of June! Nokia are notoriously quick at releasing press about a new phone but then take an absolute age to physically release it! Of course, you're then possibly talking about another month for some of the big players like Voda to perform their compatability testing... "A watched kettle never boils!" especially when the electricity is being supplied by Nokia! Roll on the N95 baby! Hmmm, free sat-nav!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Earliest is going to be June 07. I think Nokia are holding back to see which of the main networks is going to offer them the best delivery of this phone.

O2 have advised me (after I called them) that it will be available online from them before through their shops. Online is set for a pre-release (?whatever that is) of the earliest of May 07.

I think that's just when they advertise the up-coming phones on their website, they call this a pre-release.

I was advised by 02 that Nokia do the pre-release adverts well in advance so they know the phone will sell.
Please use plain text.

Will the N95 be avaliable on T-Mobile UK??
Please use plain text.

Nokia N95 is a nice phone but I will not be buying it because the battery life isn't very long especially with all thr features it has including GPS. I'll stick with the Nokia N73.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

The networks in the UK have not only 3G but the High speed version of it as well. At least I know Vodaphone and T-Mobile both do for sure - they sell PCMCIA data card packages for it
Please use plain text.
Sage
ethelred

17-Nov-2006
08:49 AM
hockeydude wrote:
Well, judging from the N80, 6280 and N91 I reckon you're looking at least 4 months after any published dates! I would suggest that Nokia will eventually say second quarter, which means on the last day of June! Nokia are notoriously quick at releasing press about a new phone but then take an absolute age to physically release it! Of course, you're then possibly talking about another month for some of the big players like Voda to perform their compatability testing... "A watched kettle never boils!" especially when the electricity is being supplied by Nokia! Roll on the N95 baby! Hmmm, free sat-nav!

Saying that, many companies do the same? Sony with the PSP and PS3 for example...

People seem to complain that the products aren't rushed out, but then complain because they are sub-standard when they are?
I have full End User experience of:
5510, 3210, 3310, 3510, 3510i, N80, N80IE, 7610, 2610, 1208 and current E90.
Please use plain text.

I agree. I think if they publish new products then they should at least give a delivery date at that point and wherever possible keep to that date.

It's also funny when people rush out to buy the 'release' version, then wonder why there are still unresolved bugs.

I think we should all create a Utopia of peace and tranquility to welcome all new gadgets. Mmmm free sat nav...

Looking at the specs the battery life doesn't seem to hot, apparently this will be similar to the N80, have any got any N80 battery reviews? I've currently got a SE W810i and it lasts about 4 days with phone calls each day and approx 10 texts each day, not to mention the occassional game whilst in the small room!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
patc

T-Mobile have the N95 on their list for Q1 2007. I'm working on one of their sites now and there was an announcement of all the phones for Q1 a couple of weeks back. Unfortunately, I'm not due an upgrade for another year otherwise I'd have an N95 in a heartbeat ..
Please use plain text.
Sage
waynester

I phoned 02 Network today. I was told by the 02 online customer Services that the phone would be released on March 19th this year

i hope so!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Why would you buy through the networks at all? Their version of the phones always come out later - and with bloat on them.

Many UK-based third party sellers will have this phone the moment it is out - and with contract options to subsidide the price on the clean unbranded phones they are offering.

The phone will be avilable in the Uk for you to buy long before O2 or whomever get around to it. So just ignore their dates.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
patc

19-Jan-2007
06:43 AM
osamede wrote:
Many UK-based third party sellers will have this phone the moment it is out - and with contract options to subsidide the price on the clean unbranded phones they are offering

And they'll have it at a competitive price on a plan that doesn't cost more than my mortgage ..?

When I was looking to get the N80 early on (not a wonderful idea as it turned out), I couldn't find any deal that didn't charge me and arm for the phone and a leg-a-month for the plan.

But I could well have been looking in the wrong place - I just did searches on-line. Any suggestions of 3rd party sellers that tend to do good deals?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Will the release date for the N75 be the same?
Please use plain text.