Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N97 is the worst phone ever. Problem aft...

Nokia N97 is the worst phone ever. Problem after problem...

Hey guys,

I have a Nokia N97. To my suprise it is the actual official Nokia N97 model and not a fake. Also to my suprise, it is the Nokia flagship model! Waiting for months since its announcement, and finally thought top phoneas I signed an EIGHTEEN MONTH CONTRACT on it (thankfully it wasn't more).

I power it up and within the first day, it crashes twice. That's nothing though, it's simply the beginning of an enormous ammount of bugs.

My N97 crashed during a presentation I was giving off it (because apparently N97 is fantastic NSeries phone that can do all this kind of stuff without a hickle). Failed to wake me up via the Alarm which in turn made me late for an appointment. 

The ammount of bugs on this "top" NSeries flagship is disgusting. I am sad to say that this is definetly the last Nokia I will ever buy. This is worse than the N95 when it failed every so often.

The homescreen which it is applauded for is a total waste of space as the widgets don't work practically all the time. I am so angry, upset, and frustrated with the problems of this device. People should NOT have to UPDATE their phone because of the ammount of bugs in it. Only today did I leave it on charge for hours, I then left it upon seeing the charging light, "Charging" on the screen, and the bars going up and come back to see that it had not even charged...

This phone should be taken OFF THE MARKET asap as it is not fit for selling at all. I can't imagine the pain Nokia must be feeling as their flagship model which they have apparently spent loads on, is just failing completely because of the ammount of software bugs in it.

ALL MY PHOTOS which I taken with the 5mp camera on the phone, are now corrupted thanks to the phone itself.

I have to send this for repair or something but quite frankly I don't even want this "amazing" phone now. It IS amazing when it works but it hardly works anyway so what is the point... When I do send it for repair from my operator (3, www.three.co.uk), I DO NOT want a simple standard phone to last through the time of repair (could be upto 2 weeks). I have paid for a N97 and I will have an N97.

Problems:
Random crashes/freezing/restarts.

Out of Memory all the time
Widgets not working
Not charging

Photos corrupted/out of place in gallery

and lots more... trust me

I cannot tell you how frustrated I am with this and I refuse to pay for it anymore for 18months. I am definetly not having these problems for EIGHTEEN MONTHS. I refuse to have them any longer as it currently is. It was embarrasing the other day when I tried to send some content via Bluetooth and the phone was just repeatidly crashing. My friend said that I have a rubbish phone...

It has caused me alot of stress because I wake up in the morning and the phone has either not charged through the night, the alarm doesn't activate and wake me up, or it crashes/freezes/restarts at the moment when I am leaving home for work and that's when I need it most.

P.S - Thanks alot Nokia! No longer will I ever buy a Nokia phone, and I will be advising all my friends the same when I show them proof with my phone.

Thanks,

Technomike

Please use plain text.

Re: Nokia N97 is the worst phone ever. Problem after problem...

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideads as to what these problems could be and any solutions?

Many thanks, much appreciated,

Technomike

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

RE: Charging. Are you using the supplied charger or are you using an old Nokia charger with the little Charging Adaptor in the box?

What Firmware version is the Phone running? I believe 3 are currently on v11..0.021

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
Professor
kavi6233

Well, some moderators removed my post. All i can say is, please, google first before chosing your mobile. Nokia N97 is the buggiest phone around. Try updating your firmware.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yes, my post were removed too.

So yes, google first. I confirm kavi6233's opnion in all points.

May be we are gonna be censored again?

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

Those making constructive criticism of of Nokia products or services are not censored, as any user can  see with a simple search of the forum.

You are, however, required to abide by the terms of service of this forum, terms that you agreed to be bound by when you created your accounts. Both of you, kavi6233 and dwpbeo, had the reasons for the removal of your posts clearly explained. You must show the other users of this forum due respect, which includes not using the word that is offensive to many that you both seem to like.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

See People,

Nokia staffs are monitoring all the complains you brought up. 

Just wait, they will solve the issues with the new firmwares.

Thank you Nokia for listening. lol

Please use plain text.
Professor
kavi6233

Yeah Right! If some moderators are monitoring this thread, then Nokia is listening! If that is the case, there won't be complaints against a "Wrongly Advertised So-Called Flagship" in this discussion forum!
Please use plain text.
Professor
kavi6233

If I understand your warning, that means that Top Kudoed Users Posts should be removed when they call people complaining about their faulty devices as "Moaners/Ranters"?

Ironical, don't you think Michaels? 

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Yes, I too use N97 last 6 days and I have same problems! Yes, N97 is the worst phone ever, it's not working and Nokia should give our money back!

Problems from first day:

Random crashes/freezing/restarts

Slow working

Out of Memory all the time

"Memory E" not working
Widgets not working
Photos corrupted/out of place in gallery

Music files corrupted/out of music list

Nokia maps freeze in opening

Always restart in opening

Message Edited by drtolga on 25-Sep-2009 07:45 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

You are, however, required to abide by the terms of service of this forum, terms that you agreed to be bound by when you created your accounts.

A pitty nokia didn't stick to their agreement to sell its customers a phone (N97) fit for purpose? It appears the N97 has some serious issues.

Sound quility on the device is diabolical, the touch screen lacks sensetivity, some of the menus/screens are ill thought out, applications installed on the phone that require payment to use them I find a disgrace and a con, the camera slider is awkward to pull back and forth, and the ovi software suite on the CD is bloatware, junk realy.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

hey you , even between the people some of them are just wired bad so what we do ,,,,yes we try to fix them ( Psychology ) or changed them or if they are bad beyond then we just simply put them eway ,

Nokia N97 is one the best phone , i have it and works like a NASA eqiupments, but off course mine is a unlocked and for NAM ,,, no bugs no problems and by the way i am still using the V10 because its good till V20 comes up in October ,,, my friend your phone is creapled by your net work and thats your problem not the N97 or Nokia ,just be fair and honest with your self before putting this nice devic down and you insulting the Millions of user around world , go head and buy unlocked then you will see , ,

Please use plain text.

Nokia users cannot fix or change the mechanical or software problems of their devices. And if Nokia sells us a corrupted device, we should take our money back! The problem is not about our network, it's about the device, because our other devices work well in the same network.

Please use plain text.
Professor
kavi6233

Mate, I had the N97, I changed it for the N86!

Works like a NASA equipment! Dude, you make me laugh! Thats the funniest thing I've heard in this forum.

If NASA used this kinda products, they could encounter bugs when launching shuttles!

You made my day!

Not everybody got a Good Working N97 like yours. Fancy it! 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Why the jack didn't I look at the problems before I bought it. I have saved up for millenia awaiting the time when I would have enough money, sure enough that time did come, yesterday. I opened the box of my N97, set it up ad just as I wanted the go to bed I turned it off. In the morning I tried to turn it on. Nope. No such luck. I concluded that the battery was flat so I put it on charge. I left it for about 2 hours. When I examined it again I could not turn it on. I plugged it in again and it eventually showed the NOKIA sign with the bars, I looked at the bars, 1 bar, flashing. I took the battery out for five mins and put it back. Nope. Then I tried to hard reset it but when it came to a code screen the whole thing turned off. I am utterly disappointed at this and I am even more disgusted. 6 months WASTED pushing trolleys.

I want my money back.

I want it now.

If this is the nokia flagship, it's gunna sink soon

Problems

Doesn't charge

crashes

and is overall a piece of GARBAGE!!! 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
bandofbrothers

Hi,

I think its balanced to say that not all users of the n97 are having critical issues as described in this thread and in other threads on this forum, or on other cellfone forums.

People who are not having such issues dont need to post and thus a balanced opinion is not always reached.

As with the n95 when it was first released many had issues with this handset, and endured the issues until patches were released , which now leaves these users with a handset that has reached its true potential.

I also agree that many purchasers of these fones have not received this as a 'free' device thro upgrade or new contract , but by saving up etc ,and paying for an offline model which is not an inexpensive thing to do, so being angry and annoyed at having any device that fails to operate and impress is frustrating to say the least.

Even tho Nokia employees do not reply directly to posts on this forum the moderators do give feedback regarding comments, queries and concerns from the end users. Being a moderator is not easy and they are their to police the forum to ensure posts do not infringe the forum rules.

It does seem all too common for alot of the cellfone manufacturers to release handsets with issues arising which I believe is in connection to the fast moving nature of this industry, but that does not vindicate this, as in the end it is the end user that suffers, and in extreme circumstances walks away from Nokia or other maker ,never to purchase again.No business can afford for this to happen, no matter how big they are.

Giving feedback on these types of forum highlights issues that will only end up improving the device affected.

Bring on the software patches that bring the n97 to its true potential and again instill confidence in this truly excellant device.

Nokia n8.
iphone 5 16gb - black/slate

Be happy !!
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]
I do Agree: Nokia N97 is the worst phone ever. I confirm all te above problems. Thanks NOKIA:smileysad: 

Message Edited by ahmmetwally on 04-Oct-2009 02:00 AM
Please use plain text.

N97 is the second nokia i bought and definitely the last one, i am going to sell my buggy N97 and then buy an HTC Hero or an iPhone 3GS.
Please use plain text.
Sage
St3ph3n

i want a htc..
n97.
Please use plain text.

I had N97 3 months. First af all I am disappointed with pre-installed apps. Nokia became content rpvider, not mobile phones maker. Feel the difference please.

At seconds - crush-by-crush. In the end of July I have visit Nokia service and ask to upgrade Firmware, I was really afraid to it ny myself. And my N97 became brick. It took Nokia service 1 (ONE) week to reinstall frimware. But it does not work better. Good new that I have one recorded claim, with second one I can ask money back :-)

My N97 device crushes 3-5 times per day, restarting during making job like writing message & etc. And device making me crazy when I am trying to connect to internet via WiFi. Oh year, through build-in browser Ok, but try to connect Opera or e-mail account... then GSM. The separate funny story was deleting/unabling BOINGO. Fantastic application I am strongly recommended to each my enemy :-) Plus stupid OVI Store. What to say... we are dealing with content provider, NOT PHONE MAKER. 

I am with NOKIA devices  from 1999 - ten years. Good buy NOKIA, great success to you in .com business!

Please use plain text.