Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Social 1.3 "Unable to Install"

Registered Member
Tegogolo

from 10th I get "Unable to Install"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
meranti11

Hey how did u uninstall completely?

Please use plain text.
Sage
ex_king_john

meranti11 wrote:

Hey how did u uninstall completely?

You can uninstal completely by going to Settings/Applications Manager/Installed Apps and scrolling down to Social.  Long Tap and one of the options is Uninstall.

If you do Uninstall be aware that you can't actually reinstall it from any source.  Apparently your local Nokia Care Centre can do it but only by reflashing the firmware and in the process deleting all personal data including installed apps  from you phone.

It seems odd that you can actually unistall a program without warning that it can't be reinstalled.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
meranti11

Got 'Unable to install' when updating social to v1.3. Have a look to msg 10. Please advise

Please use plain text.
Sage
Tirza

I am confused. Should I uninstall Social 1.2 first before installing Social 1.3 or not?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
plackman

That's because it can be reinstalled.

I've done it simply with a Social .sis file after uninstalling. What are you talking about?

Please use plain text.
Sage
ex_king_john

plackman wrote:

That's because it can be reinstalled.

I've done it simply with a Social .sis file after uninstalling. What are you talking about?

OK you can reinstall from the 1.3 sisx file.  I can't that's for sure.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
plackman

Ok now I get it. No I can't. I have to install 1.1 and 1.2 first. It's a horrible hassle with even multiple reboots between installs. First and only application in any platform that require this much work. And of course there's no official support for this, you have to figure it out yourself.

But that's still much more convenient than taking the whole device to Nokia Care for FW reflashing which it certainly does not require.

Please use plain text.
Sage
ex_king_john

the reason i deleted that last post is because the rar file contained two copies of social update 1.2.157 even though ones was named 1.2.163  so i ended up with a 157 version and the 1.3 won't install on top of that.  by installing a 1.2.163.sisx file I had prepatred earlier I find I can install the 1.3 update.

So the answer seems to be if you get the Unable To Update message you need to uninstall Social and reinstall 1.1.144 then 1.2.157 then 1.2.163.  Then when you log in to Social the 1.3 Update offered will install correctly.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
meranti11

where is the link to 1.2.163?

Please use plain text.
Sage
ex_king_john

Please use plain text.
Advisor
meranti11

it's version 1.2.157 man

Please use plain text.
Sage
ex_king_john

meranti11 wrote:

it's version 1.2.157 man

i click that link, and download [it comes in to my Incoming directory as Social_1_2_update(3).sisx because I have two other copies already. Then I attach my phone to the usb cable, start OviSuite wait till the photos auto sync finishes then double click the sisx file.   OviSuite starts to install by copying the sisx file to the N8 then says to Finish the install on my phone, I look at the phone and the message tells me that I am about to install Social Installer P Version: 1.02(163) . 

Not sure why you get a 1.2.157 sisx.  If it persists do a search. i guess

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Nokia Social Apps updating guide:

1. Uninstall both "Social" & "Social Installer" from the default Apps Manager.
2. Reboot the phone.
3. Download "Social Apps.zip".
4. Extract the zip and transfer the .wgz & .sisx to the phone (using file manager).
5. FIRST!! Install "Sosial Mixer v1.02.144.wgz" then
6. Install "Social Networks v1.03.143.sisx" (wait until the Widget installation popup done!!)

Download:

Multiservers: http://www.multiupload.com/7GNQIJ1XEB

1. http://depositfiles.com/en/files/87q7542v5
2. http://hotfile.com/dl/99582866/f0354b6/Social_Apps.zip.html
3. http://www.zshare.net/download/857310236c564151/
4. http://uploading.com/files/9cbmd6fd/Social%2BApps.zip/

tada... there you have the latest Social Apps installed... :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage
ex_king_john

What is Social Mixer?

I also note that before all this started I did not have a program Social Installer in the Applications List  When I decided to remove the 1.02.163 version I know that the only two Social app listed was  Social.  Maybe this had something to do with the problem.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotshot2797

Thx A lot!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
meranti11

Great! it now works. Kiss u

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Great to hear it work out for all of you... Cheers... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raptor2k7

I followed the instructions carefully, and all installed fine.  However, after installing and while opening the social app (it actually opens automatically), it gives me the "please uninstall and reinstall communities" error. :smileysad:

Please help. Now, I don't have a working social app.

Please use plain text.
chrismcalees

Morning

I have followed the update methods listed above and still 'unable to install' message appears. I am also unable to install the 'Nokia DAB Radio' and 'Videos' updates either.

It's so frustrating.

Regards,

Chris

Please use plain text.