Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Suite 3.6 clears pre installed map data ...

Counsellor
wkl12mr

Nokia Suite 3.6 clears pre installed map data from 808 and E5 after losing internet connection

I had a problem with Nokia Suite clearing pre-installed maps from my new Pureview 808 and E5-00. The first time I let Nokia Suite 3.6 check for outdated maps, it reported that over 700MB worth of maps needed updating.

I didn't think much of the time taken but after maybe 5 minutes connection was lost and so were the preinstalled maps. Nokia Care didn't help as they said it was a PC or internet problem.

I also noticed in Nokia Suite 3.6 that the country Thaliand is missing from my installation of the suite for Pureview 808. However the country is there inside my phone's map loader. Thailand is present inside Nokia Suite when I connect my E5 to Nokia Suite 3.6.

Can anyone tell me what the pre installed maps in the phones are?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia Suite 3.6 clears pre installed map data from 808 and E5 after losing internet connection

@wkl12mr

It depends upon the product code of the device as to which maps are pre-installed upon Mass memory of 808 as this determines localisation.

Presumably your 808 is running Nokia Maps v3.09_12wk09_b05 and if you use "Maploader" from within Nokia Maps application is not Thailand listed as per screenshot?

Scr000104

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wkl12mr

Re: Nokia Suite 3.6 clears pre installed map data from 808 and E5 after losing internet connection

@aspergerguy

Thailand is inside the phone as shown by Map Loader. It's missing for the list of countries available for download when the phone is connected to Nokia Suite 3.6. Maybe an uninstall / clean install of Nokia Suite would help?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@wkl12mr

I see what you mean and perhaps it is just an oversight as no problems downloading compressed .zip directly from the map servers Thailand 134MB (compressed)

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wkl12mr

Thank you for confirming the problem and for providing a direct link to the map for Thailand. Hopefully, Nokia will correct it in the next update.
Please use plain text.