Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia X6 USB Charging

Registered Member
mrjgibson

Nokia X6 USB Charging

Hi

I have recently puchased an X6 16gb and am not able to get it to charge using the USB connection when plugged into PC or using an in car charger (purchased from Play.com saying it was for the X6).

I have not been able to see anyone else with this as an unresolved problem & have tried e-mailing Nokia twice to no avail.

Any suggestions / answers gratefully received...:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
WalterAustria

IT seems not. The battery symbol does not change and I think I received an answer from Nokia suppport that charging via USB cable is not possible for the 5230 phone. Same seems to apply for the X6, which is a real disappointment as you now always have to think of where your charger is. U can buy a USB - 2 mm charger, but this costs about 30 EUR (which is unacceptable high for a simple wire!!).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lukestrat

i just bought the x6 16gb off ebay (cant wait for it to arrive) :smileyhappy:

there are Retractable USB Charger Cables on ebay for around £2 which is cheap i am going to get one as i have usb point in my car and its retractable so i dont have to keep wrapping it up to hide the glove box

Please use plain text.
jw6183ovi

This is really disappointing.  Not least because Nokia's own site says the X6's Connectivity supports "USB charging"

http://www.nokia.co.uk/find-products/all-phones/nokia-x6-16-gb/specifications

And it comes supplied with a CA-101D USB cable which also supports charging.

http://www.nokia.co.uk/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/memory-cards-and-cables/cables/noki...

USB charging was one of the main reasons I chose the X6.

Please use plain text.

Odd... I don't remember being able to charge with the supplied cable...

...if only I could find it so I can check...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
eljunPacomios

That must not be an updated specifications. It is possible that the poblishers of the web missed that particular detail. Nokia X6-00 does not support USB Charging no matter what mode you choose (Mass Storage, PC Suit, etc).

I know how you feel buddy, the specifications are really wrong. We can sue the web publisher if you want to get a trial for your phone if it really hurt you. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
jw6183ovi

Thanks for your replies.

I got a fairly prompt response back from Nokia Support on this issue:

In response to your concern, we would like to inform you that the Nokia X6-00 is unable to support USB charging. What the CA-101D can do is to transfer files. However, may we recommend that you purchase a CA-126, this cable is compatible for your phone and can transfer files and charge at the same time. For more information about the CA-126, kindly refer to the link below:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/memory-cards-and-cables/cables/nok...

The CA-126 is a pointless adapter, really.  I shall just carry around my charger.  Oh well, never mind.  Still, Nokia, get your facts straight on the website!

Please use plain text.