Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia XpressMusic 5530 turns off while calling...

Registered Member

Nokia XpressMusic 5530 turns off while calling.

Hello,

Always when making or receiving a call my phone suddenly shuts down and there's nothing else I can

do but restart, the only times I don't have this happening is when I have the default headset plugged in.

I already tried a software reset but no succes, is this a bug or something broken in the phone?

Cheers,

FoXar 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kroikie

Re: Nokia XpressMusic 5530 turns off while calling.

i have the same problem, my phone worked fine for about 2 week but now turns off if i try to make a regular call, while i can make calls with my bluetooth headset it turns off after the call is over.

please nokia please help us with this problem, a phone that cannot make calls is useless, don't make us waste our money help us! 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

have you tried updating the firmware to V2?

mine used to turn off as well until i upgraded the firmware.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have updated my firmware, did a cold reset back to factory settings, resat battery. mine still shuts off when I make a call out.

I just called my phone to test incoming calls and by donig that, it seems to have resolved this issue...will keep you posted.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Reinstall firmware, then reset using *#7370#, remember to back up data first.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a side note, I did reinstall the firmware alsousing the PC Suite and the hardcode suggestion of " *#7370# "

After I wiped the phone and reset it back to factory settings, I tried to make a call out but got the same issue. So it isn't any additional software or media on the phone causing the issue.

The only thing that had changed between the time calls worked and stopped working that I am aware of was that my phone kept prompting me that there was an update. Of which, I kept rejecting. Since I do not have a data plan on my phone, I can only assume that my phone had already downloaded the update but was asking to install it.

By me calling my phone, it does seem to be a temporary fix as my phone began acting up again hours later. then after I called it again, it began to work (making and taking calls)...if only for a short while...

As Nokia has not come up with a solution yet, I would be willing to send my phone in to Nokia so they can study the issue, but I'd need a replacement.

Message Edited by hazard2600 on 28-Jan-2010 01:37 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Well for all here having hope, Nokia us aware of this fault and are currently still not planning to do anything, it's a factory fault many of these phones have, I returned it after 2 months I had it, it did work properly after, but after 2-3 weeks

it turned back going off when calling, returned it back and again 2 weeks later it started turning off, in the meanwhile

one of my friends has the same problem too.

Unfortunately Nokia doesn't want to see this as a recognized fault which makes us sit with the same **bleep** phone

returning it every month without changing it to a new one or a pay back..

For those who really need to call, put the headphones in and the profile to general and then it should work (it does

with mine although)

In the meanwhile Nokia has lost my trust, let's see how HTC does.. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Fold a piece of thick paper and place it in the battery compartment. Restart your phone. The problem is sometimes caused by the battery not being snug enough inside the compartment. Mine was fixed by this method. Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I was considering it being a power issue but gave it a full charge and it still died as soon as I took it off the charger. I'll try that paper method...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

The battery thing didn't work....I'm sending it in for servicing...may God have mercy on my soul...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

well, I got my phone back already. it was a pretty fast turn around time. Probably because the center is in Alabama and not more than a stonesthrow from Nashville.

Origonally I had a ZAGG shield protector on my phone. SO I could trell what external parts they replaced. They eneded up replacing the entire phone, except for the back plate lol.

I fully updated it and restored my data. Everything seems to be working..thusfar.

Please use plain text.
lucas19

I have the same problem here each time someone calls or when im calling the mobile just shuts down. i noticed that the point when it shuts down is when the earphone on the set is used, when using the headphones or loudspeaker everything is fine but this is one huge bug nokia has to fix

Please use plain text.
halvarado

Hello Hazzard2600

I’m sending mine to the Alabama center, I hope they fix my problem too.

Does your old phone was the black or the white one? and does they sent you the same color?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Mine was the black one.they sent me the same color. They replaced everything except the back plate that holds the battery in.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ciscokid

Hi everyone,

I have the same issue with my 5530 as soon  I dial the number and the phone start making the call, the phone shutdown it self. I verify update for the OS, and far I know everything is OK with the OS. It s seem a hardware problem. I just got from the carrier warranty and they say, it s a problem with the battery slot or housing, they put a little rectangular plastic in the battery slot, to prevent the battery move inside. After 2 hour waiting and check again the phone and the tech said to me, that is a factory fault, the space for the battery is a little more big , that is supouse to be. I check again the phone, and make a call, and the problem continues......, now they are going to send it to a full repair........I tell later

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cynderson4

another victim of a faulty phone. I tried the hardreset, thepaper in the battery thing. I guess it is time to send it in.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chanxCol

I had the same problem and I sended it to the Alabama center using my warranty. They take just a day to send it back, so Im thinking they already know what to do to fix this problem. 

I just recieve it and works perfectlly. They also send me this letter:

The wait is over!

Thanks for sending us your Nokia device for service. Good news! We gave your phone a thorough inspection and we were able to correct the problem.

Here's what we did to fix it:

CONN BATT 3.5V 2A P3.7 H2.7mm

- Software Upgrade and Phone Reset

- Power - All power related failures, product freezing and "Contact Service" messages

After the repair, your unit passed a series of tests and an inspection to make sure everything was working normally.

I'll tell you if it's start to turn off again.

Please use plain text.

I had the same problem too. And i was thinking to send my phone to nokia center but resolved.

Here is how

-connect you phone to pc, back up contacts and other stuff

-reset your phone dialing *#7780#

-re upload your contacts.

done )

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rizu

hi buddy.. my name is rizu and i had the same prob of my cell ph getting off whe making a call. i uupdated my phone's firmware and now this prob is solved. earlier the version of the firmware was 10.0 something and now it is 20.0 something like this. i hope u'll get rid of that prob by updating the firmware

regards

Please use plain text.
safe1account

This problem is a HARDWARE problem and has to do with its upper FLEX CABLE and a NOKIA design flaw. I'm not allowed to post more, forum is censored.
Please use plain text.