Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Phone software shows different versions in Nok...

Mobile Guru
babdi

Nokia suite does not show latest software version

[ Edited ]

Today while browzing Nokia site happened to see new phone software version. When I checked through Nokia suite it was showing the software version that was already installed in the phone.

Do anybody else who own a 701 came across this anamoly

If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Re: Phone software shows different versions in Nokia suite and Nokia site

dial *#0000* check if there's some new update

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

*#0000# gives current version number which I am aware of. I am talking about new version which I want to upgrade.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

I update mine to version 112.010.1404 thru OTA,because at that time it's not available in Nokia Suite.that's the reason why i advise you to check  by that way.

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Did you try thru the software update app in the phone?

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

That is what I am doing. I posted this for Nokia to correct the problem

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

babdi wrote:

That is what I am doing. I posted this for Nokia to correct the problem

What problem ? The new software is released, just not yet available for your particular handset.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

It's more than likely that your carrier hasn't given Nokia their tweaked version. Once the carrier provides Nokia the go-ahead then you will be able to update your device.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

You guys get me wrong. I was talking about Nokia not providing update thro' Nokia suite,See the screen shots attached. I have already upgraded to new version thro' OTA

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

But I think thats possible... that some get the update ONLY thru' FOTA and some ONLY thru' Nokia Suite.. When the last update for my Nokia 5800xm was released.. many users who got it as soon as it was released got it thru' FOTA.. and when I got it after some 3 months it never showed in FOTA but thru' Nokia Suite... so it depends thru' what channel its released for that specific Product Code ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

[ Edited ]

The point is most of users use Nokia suite as a safe means of software upgrade.Besides OTA updates cost more money  than internet upgrades. Those who dont have 3G will have to wait for hours and keep the phone plugged in to a charger and they cant use the phone till  software upgrade is complete.:smileysad:

Nokia should ensure that all upgrades are available simultaneously across all channels and atleast thro' Nokia suite 1st.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

babdi wrote:

The point is most of users use Nokia suite as a safe means of software upgrade.Besides OTA updates cost more money  than internet upgrades. Those who dont have 3G will have to wait for hours and keep the phone plugged in to a charger and they cant use the phone till  software upgrade is complete.:smileysad:

Nokia should ensure that all upgrades are available simultaneously across all channels and atleast thro' Nokia suite 1st.

The point is most of users use Nokia suite as a safe means of software upgrade. - No, OTA is safer than using Nokia Suite since you do not overwrite the whole firmware but just the upgraded/added bits.

Besides OTA updates cost more money  than internet upgrades. - Not if you use Wifi, as recommended for OTA updates

Those who dont have 3G will have to wait for hours and keep the phone plugged in to a charger and they cant use the phone till  software upgrade is complete. - So why own a smartphone if you don't have 3G or access to Wifi ? Surely the situation you describe is the minority exception rather than the rule ?

Nokia should ensure that all upgrades are available simultaneously across all channels and atleast thro' Nokia suite 1st. - Now that will be expensive for Nokia and can only lead to more delays if you insist on simultaneous release across all delivery channels.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

[ Edited ]

93tid

What you say may be true for your country. Here in India people buy phones of sorts.Few have subscribed to 3G though they own smart phones.People here use  phones more for music and taking pictures. People using cell for internet is miniscule and their use of the smartphone's exclusive features is small,for example Video calling,and,I would add in the same breath that the trend is changing but surely not as much as Europe or US.

Please use plain text.