Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: OVI Maps not working With FM transmitter on N9...

Contributor

OVI Maps not working With FM transmitter on N97

In Ovi Maps software  the voice instrucions no longer get played over the FM transmitter. What happens is, the music goes silent on the FM, the voice instruction and the music is played on the phone speakers (or Bluetooth device, if connected), then at the completion of the instruction the music goes back through the FM transmitter again.

ANY Solution plz

Please use plain text.

Re: OVI Maps not working With FM transmitter on N97

I have exactly the same problem, since updating to ovi maps 3.0. See folllowing link to my post /t5/Nseries-Devices-and-S60/Sat-Nav-voice-over-FM-transmitter-stopped-working/td-p/645263# i have not found any soltion by turning things on in a different order, ie music sat fm, fm sat music so i think we are stuck with it untill they fix it
Please use plain text.
RUDice

Exactly the same problem, complained to Nokia support, did not even answer... I am disappointed about this, it really annoyes when You are listening to the music from phone and suddenly radio gets quite for directions to be said over phone speakers. :@

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pcmarsh

[ Edited ]

This feature is not currently supported by Nokia Maps. (despite it being included in the previous versions of Ovi Maps)

Many Betalabs Users have been requesting this feature for a long time.

To add your support, please join nokia beta labs (if not already) and support the following post:

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-maps-suite-2-0/suggestion/48288/voice-navigation-over-fm-transm...

It is interesting to note that somewhere in the Nokia chain this request has been denied. I have suggested a petition from us (users) may give the Nokia development team the support they need to gain approval for this.

Mobi Developer | Wap-2-Go Mobile CMS - www.wap-2-go.com
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pcmarsh

Apologies, that link didn't appear to work (and I can't edit the post?)

Link should be:
http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-maps-suite-2-0/suggestion/48288/voice-navigation-over-fm-transm...
Mobi Developer | Wap-2-Go Mobile CMS - www.wap-2-go.com
Please use plain text.