Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Maps and Tripod

Babugee36

Ovi Maps and Tripod

Hello!

I have 3 questions.

First Question:

Is there an auto-correction for misspelling words (company name, street name, etc) on ovi maps? Kind of like the "did you mean" feature on google? I feel like if I am one letter off I need to retype the whole thing.

Second:

I am doing something wrong with "Own Voice." I downloaded one voice pack to try out (Barbershop Quartet).  I then went into Ovi Maps and set Ovi Maps Navigation to "Own Voice" in the menu, but I don't hear my lovely singers :smileysad:. Did I miss a step?

Third:

Does anyone know if there is a Joby GorillaMobile like tripod for the n8? Cause I think that tripod looks legit and I like the fact that you can hang it off of trees, poles, and other various structures.  I've only seen Joby for Apple products :smileysad: 

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Babugee36

does anyone know?

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

[ Edited ]

I have no experience of it, but looking at the Joby website ( http://joby.com/gorillamobile/original/specs ) it looks as if the suction cup attachment would work with the N8.

Thanks for mentioning it as it could well be something that I'll get for mine sometime.

ETA - There is "Did you mean" functionality in the Beta version of 3.06 search. available on beta labs.

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Utopian

The suction cup will not work on the rough-surface N8's.

Could Nokia maybe produce a universal tripod mount for its camera phones? You used to have one for several models but it is no longer made. It's a shame to not be able to take full advantage of the N8 because there is no way to attach it to regular tripods.

Sony Satio comes with a tripod, there are many tripods for all of the iPhone models, it might be a good idea for Nokia to catch up with the competition and provide this simple but much needed accesory

I hope I'll get an answer!

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/mobile-phone-tripod-holder-p21391.htm

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.