Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi sign in reminder won't go away!

CJChalkley
Accepted Solution

Ovi sign in reminder won't go away!

Hi folks, I wonder if anyone can help me.

After the recent update on my N8 every morning when I turn it on the Ovi register/login/later reminder comes up and won't go away till I respond, I don't want to have that every time and I don't want to wait while it goes through the 'oh you don't want to? oh I will try to connect anyway' routine.

Its driving me nuts can I switch that off?

Please stop me throwing it away as apart from the phoning other people routine when I am already talking its a great phone.

Ta muchly

Cath

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Ovi sign in reminder won't go away!

@CJChalkley

Is there a particular reason for not accepting unified sign-in for variety of applications?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
CJChalkley

I don't have a problem with Ovi, and I do sometimes connect up the phone to the laptop and log in etc, but it reminds me every time I switch it on and it wants to connect to the internet which costs money. Why can't I sign in when I choose to rather than when the phone tells me to?

Can I stop the message appearing?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Just connect to wifi, then sign in. Once signed it, just disconnect from internet again. If there are no apps set to be online, even if your phone is logged in, it wont be using internet.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
CJChalkley

Ah ha, sorted! Thank you for your advice.

Please use plain text.