Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi-store doesn't know my installed programs

moondust

Ovi-store doesn't know my installed programs

Hi, I'm using Nokia E7 and I've done a complete reset of my phone but since this reset, Ovi Store doesn't know which programs are installed. It keeps telling me that certain programs are installed while they are not or if I want to reinstall them, I get a system error. One that I really want to have fixed is fMobi but I got to my total amount of downloads and I can still not get it back installed onto my phone. Is it possible to clear my download history in the Ovi Store or what else can be done to be able to install these programs again? I don't understand what I'm missing here, can somebody please help me out on this? I'm using linux on my computer so I can not use the Nokia Suite, I have to do everything directly on my phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

moondust wrote:
I'm using Nokia E7 and I've done a complete reset of my phone but since this reset, 

Do you mean *#7370# or three key depressed power on "hard reset" here, as the latter can remove some essential files as well as deleting user content from both C:\ and E:\ unfortunately? It should only be done to restore telephony function upon device as a precursor to visiting Nokia Care facility for software to be completely re-installed.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
moondust

I've done a hard reset via the settings menu. So what you are saying is that I have to go to a shop now where they will put all the necessary software back onto my phone, did I understand that right?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Correct.

To locate your nearest Nokia Care: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.