Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

PDF Files with N8

Counsellor

PDF Files with N8

When I try to open a PDF file with my N8 I get the message "Unable to open.  File type not supported".

I thought the N8 should have no problem with PDF documents.

Anyone got any advice???

Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

Re: PDF Files with N8

Adobe reader should be there, if you've recently updated to Anna did you do  Parts 1&2 as well as it was in there along with QuickOffice.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kayjay1991

Sir. My phone is updated to the latest and I've adobe reader as well as Quickoffice pre-installed. But, pdf files could be opened after opening those applications and giving command to read the pdf file from there. I can't open the pdf file directly from the memory drive even though I've provided Adobe reader as the default application for this type(.pdf). I also tried changing it to Quickoffice and also tried after resetting the phone. Same result. Other files could be opened from their respective default applications. Thank you for your time for reading this and please reply.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Always tend to use Picsel SmartOffice upon Symbian S^3 devices personally since QuickOffice taken over by Google as none of these woes.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.