Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Phone auto restart while play songs at music playe...

Accepted Solution

Phone auto restart while play songs at music player.(5630 Xpress music)

Hi to all,

I bought Nokia 5630 Xpress music day before yesterday. cool and very fast accessing.

Problem is that whenever i start music player and play songs its frequently hangs and automatically restarting, but radio is working fine. Even i tried to play songs from phone memory too same problem. Is it software or hardware problem?

Kindly help me to solve this solution ASAP.

Thanks n Regards,

Mahendran

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: Phone auto restart while play songs at music player.(5630 Xpress music)

hi there, this may very well be a firmware problem that is common to a lot of Nokia phones (both Series40 and Series60), that have just been released and therefore contain early firmware versions. all you can do is wait out until a newer firmware version is released, which should only be a couple of months :smileyhappy:

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.

Hi,

I accept your solution awaiting for up to date firmware version.

Thanks for your reply

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi,

You can solve your problem by upgrading the software version up to v 012.008 europ package.... I tried it on my 5630 mobile and it works great,,,

good luck

Please use plain text.
hammoodi

How did you get Europe package. I am was been waiting for V12 since last month

Kindly explain

Best regards

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Hey thats good. Where u got the package dude.
Message Edited by dazz19 on 06-Aug-2009 11:52 AM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

what they are referring to are not official methods of updating firmware on your phone. if you do so, you do so at your own risk and any damage sustained may not be covered under your warranty. the fact that v12 was available is because it is only available for hong kong and european codes. even then, it may not be available for all product codes, depending on whether your phone is branded or not. i would not recommend updating your firmware any other way than through NSU or FOTA (can't remember if this is available for the 5630). i wouldn't fret yet, as the 5630 is a new phone, it will receive updates in the coming months. we are all impatient :smileytongue:, but we the newer firmware will come soon trust me.

please throw some kudos our way, it would mean a lot to us :smileyhappy: 

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

There is a solution for the shutdown of nokia 5630 when the music player is played (which i guess every buyer of this mobile is facing).......since the new firmware has not yet been released which cud solve the problem, until then what you could do is download LCG Jukebox which i did and found that the mobile doesnt shudtown and restarts. it works fine...try it....i am using a 8GB card in my nokia 5630...now i am planning to try it with 16GB card since it is expandable upto 16 GB.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

mahe_v6 wrote:

Is it software or hardware problem?

Probably more of a software/firmware problem. This may be well attributed to its DSP and it shares the same problems with certain XpressMusic phones namely, 5610(4.81), 5310 (3.42) 5800 (v11). But this has been address and fixed already, thanks to the continuous support from the Nokia Software Team. 

hi, where can you download this LCG Jukebox? my phone is not restarting. When i restart it, remove the battery, it still hangs, the screen is just white. I already waited for 5 hours! I just bought this yesterday and I just put some songs in the memory card but when i was about to play it, it hanged. what am i suppose to do? :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

The same to me. the music player hangs while listening to the music and the phone restarts.

I bought the phone via Amazon.de in Germany.

Software Version

011.020.C04.01 

Typ

RM-431

Product Code

It's indeed a little bit annoying. I didn't bought the phone primary to hear music with it but I hope there is soon a Firmware update that will fix that issue. It cannot be that I have to buy an extra music player for a XpressMusic-Phone!!!!!!

kind regards 

Message Edited by dhein on 27-Aug-2009 04:58 PM
Message Edited by dhein on 27-Aug-2009 05:07 PM
5630 XpressMusic
Please use plain text.
Advisor

This morning I tested the music player again. It seems that the Music Player only crashes / hangs when it runs in background.

On the way to work I used the Music player and didn't hide it and it worked fine. So this could be a workaround till the new firmware is released.

kind regards

5630 XpressMusic
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

The Music-Player of my 5630 XM crashes / hangs also when it doesn't run in background. I contacted Nokia Care and they recommended to install the Firmware with the NSU again. When this doesn't solve the Problem I should go to a Nokia Service Point.

Tommorow I will go to the Nokia Service Point in town. 

kind regards 

Message Edited by dhein on 01-Sep-2009 08:11 PM
5630 XpressMusic
Please use plain text.
Contributor

i am facing the same problem, i bought 5630 yesterday and no doubt the phone is awesome but the restart problem is the big problem with the phone how can we enjoy the muzik when it stops playing the songs......i hav read everyone comments about it ... plz someone from nokia reply to this thread is this the software issue or hardware? if the software issue when the new firmware will b available...

plz nokia reply **bleep**'on

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I hope the problem is solved in the new v.12 Firmware but unfortenuately it is only released yet for a few Product Codes. I hope that Nokia willl release it soon for the other Product Codes. But nevertheless I will go next week to the Nokia Service Point in town maybe they have a solution.

regards 

5630 XpressMusic
Please use plain text.
Contributor

install LCG Jukebox

my phone is not restarting

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yesterday I took the phone to the local Nokia Service Point. They wanna check it, I'm curious what they are doing and whether they can solve the problem.

@chintoo

You seriously bought the applictaion LCG Jukebox???

I don't wann by an extra application. When I buy a dedicated musicphone the music Player should work, this is a core function for a XpressMusic Phone!

I also wouldn't by an extra music app for an iPhone, this would be the same!

regards

5630 XpressMusic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi

i had the same problem with restarting on my t-mobile austria nokia 5630

firmware is 011.020.235.02 from 26.4.2009

I returned the phone and got a new one, and the problem is gone! the only difference until now:

I didn't connected to Nokia PC Suite!

Did the people with problems connect their phones with PC Suite? (for me it asked for the first time to install some stuff on the phone and i agreed, with the second phone i disagreed!)

And it didn't matter if player is in foreground or background or something but the funny thing was:

If no earphones were connected there were no more crashes!!! i couldn't believe but i was like this!

Please use plain text.
RedShoes

I have Nokia N97 Mini. It has exactly the same problem. You can listen to music through the phone, bit when you put the headset no matter on which player, because I also bought LCG jukebox, the player restart every 2 seconds and hangs on 1 song form which repeats 2 seconds again and again. Neither  restart of the player nor restart of the phone solve the problem. I was with 11.0.45. firmware. Two days ago I updated the firmware with new one 12.0.110.C01.01.

The problem remains.

It is strange that if you use an ordinary mp3 player headset the problem desapear and the music is running smootly, but don;t get a microphone and also no controls form the headset for the music, so in conslusion it is only with the nokia headset. I haven't test it with another type of nokia headset yet.

Please if someone have a solution, post it here.

Please use plain text.