Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Post all your Nokia 5800 Xpress music problems her...

Re: Post all your Nokia 5800 Xpress music problems here!

RM-356

Firmware 20.0.012

Whenever I try to transfer the complete phone book from another phone to my 5800XM via bluetooth, the 5800XM crashes and reboots automatically. When the 5800 is working again after reboot, all I get is a message with the first entry of the phone book. I tried this several times and it happens over and over again. No chance of transferring the phone book.

Please use plain text.
Sage

bug:

-music store doesn't rotate the screen, the accelerometer doesn't work here.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Bug:

-i was playing around with my photos and than something happen, the system sent me to the home screen and the shortcuts are there but invisible (no icons) and pressing them doesn't do nothing. I whiched off and on and it still doesn't fix it.

Can and one help me? I don't want to reset this again. There has to be a easier fix.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi, after firmware update my card does not know all applications. What can I do it? 
Please use plain text.
Sage

Like I said last night, my home page the shortcuts disappeared but if you press the area they highlight but don't do nothing. Also the bottom dial icon and contacts also pressing them don't do nothing. On the home screen the green key doesn't do nothing also.

I remembered i had setup my file manager to backup every morning, so i restored the backup but sadly it still didn't fix the home screen. This backup feature is very bad, in other phones (palm, windows mobile), if i had a problem i would restore and everything would be has it was at the time of the backup. But this backup feature in the Nokia 5800 is very bad, only thing i saw that changed was the theme, yes the theme is very importante, not.

I played around with the home screen settings but nothing makes it work again, the only setting that makes the two bottom icon and green key working again is the contact screen. But the basic and shortcut screens don't work.

Any one know where symbian 5th editon stores the home screen settings (I'm taking about in the memory). On the window mobile it would be the registry and on palm is the save preference file, where are the settings on the symbian phones, anyone?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

@abhinav_85

Thanks for the kudos.. hehe..

Aw, are you sure there is no adobe reader, quick office and zipmanager. It was there last time i check it.

Anyway, you can download the quick office at

http://www.quickoffice.com/download/S60/4.2.368/ProExSAVariant_QO_4.2.368_S6050.sis

And can you gives me the detail of your GPS? how long it takes to calculate your position, at open area and indoor.

For my 5800 (approximately)

open area

GPS = 45 seconds 

AGPS = 15 seconds

indoor (on top floor )

GPS = 30 minute

AGPS = 5-7 minute

I just wanna know wheter my GPS is fine or not.. 

Moderator note: link to file-sharing web site removed

Message Edited by michaels on 09-Mar-2009 01:34 PM
Please use plain text.

I have a strange problem.

my 5800 is firmware revision 11.0.009 (v20 STILL not available in the UK...)

Sometimes when I hang up a call using either the softkey or hardware key, my 5800 locks up and I have to switch it off to reset it.

When I do the following problems occur

- the phone does not reset properly. The screen is blank and I have to hit the screen lock slider a few times to bring it up.

- the bottom hardware key (red) stops working. It beeps, but does not take me to the home screen.

- the camera hardware key stops working. No response when I press it.

- All alarms are silent. No noise.

The ONLY fix is to reinstall the latest firmware version from OTA or NSU.  Then I have to reset the date etc and everything is fine.

Also, if for any reason I switch the phone off, the same thing happens. The hardware keys stop working and I have to reinstall the firmware.

This is pretty frustrating - does anyone have any ideas? Its not making the unit unusable, but it is really eroding my confidence in the phone itself.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Download ! function in the menu does not work on my 5800 since my firmware update to v20...it say latest contents needs to be loaded,continue? and the circle keeps spinning for hours without actually updating any contents....
Please use plain text.
Contributor

@ddkcorp
Thanks for replying. The download application is still taking too much time. Initialy there were only 3 folders,applications,graphics (with 3 wallpapers),and tones. The adobe reader,quick office, and zip manager were not there. I refreshed the contents and that stupid circle rotates and rotates. I cancelled it frustatingly after 50 mins. Now the adobe reader, office and zip apps. were there & i downloaded them immediately. But now the tones folder wasnt there insread new folders of music, movies & a r rahman appeared which doesnt have free content. Also the contents of graphics changed and werent free either. I tried refreshing again for about 1.5 hrs. but the circle doesnt stop itself. Are you also facing the same problem.
My GPS is working much much faster than yours. My phone connects to GPS outdoors as soon as it is started within no time. Indoors it takes not more than 15 secs with both GPS & AGPS. This fantastic timing was not so with v11. Before i had waited for about 40 mins. on rooftop with my hand held high to get GPS connection. I suggest you to do a hard reset to see if it gets faster.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

I wonder if anyone knows the answers to my two questions...

1. Is there any way to speed up the notification light for a text, or can you have it as a banner with the time showing as a screen saver like on my old N95?

2. When trying to retrieve my Sky email using IMAP I can only actually download the message using my home WLAN, not using WAP (I am on Vodafone UK). I can see the headers just not the message contents unless I use the WLAN. Which is no good when I'm not at home!!

Sorry if these have been asked before but there are 74 pages to sift through!!!

Software V 11.0.009 25.01.209

Message Edited by linnz2000 on 09-Mar-2009 07:41 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I can't send texts with my 5800, it asks me for a Message centre number, when I have never heard of such a thing.  No phone has ever asked me for such a thing in the past.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Hey, i just bought the phone a few days ago and it works fine except for one thing, i can't connect to WLAN. When i try nothing happens or i get the message connection failed. have anyone else had this problem? is there something i can do to fix it? i have updated the firmware to v.20.0.012.

Message Edited by devil299 on 09-Mar-2009 10:47 PM
Please use plain text.

Good Morning Everyone.

I have only one question!

Before I purchase a Nokia 5800.. I  have been waiting for what feels like forever for it to be released here in Aust..

If given your time all over again...

Would you buy the Nokia 5800 again without hesitation.

Knowing the problems?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Random one...not sure if anyone else has had this problem or not...

I've synced my calendar entries across from Microsoft Outlook, however all entries are a day out (so for example, anything that is on 1st August is showing on 31st July on the phone)

Anyone know if this is a general bug? I'm on 11.0.009 5800XM Red...

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@abinav_85

What? 50 mins? I've just try to open Download! menu again via GPRS. My phone takes only 1 minute to show the 3 folder, and a minute more to show the Adobe Reader, Quick Office and Zip Manager.. Hmmm it's pretty strange.. Have you try to use WLAN? Who knows your service provider cause this problem..

Wow your GPS is amazing.. i know there's something with my GPS, but the weird thing is, my last nokia N78 GPS even worse.. Sometimes it can't calculate my position unless i reboot the phone.. I've already hard reset my phone twice, during the update to v20. So i started to thinks that the GPS satelite over my country is weak or broken.. Hey NASA could you confirm this.. hahaa.. N by the way, thanks for the report abinav_85.. but i'm gonna need another user's GPS detail to see wheter my GPS is broken or not..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have the same download! app problem since update to v20. Just does nothing. Some data is received if I check the data counter, so maybe now I will let it sit for an hour or so.

And WHY has album art become so small after the v20 update? The album art was really great earlier. I guess as usual we will have to wait till v50 till Nokia finally gets the firmware right.

And possibly yes, I would buy it again, knowing its problems, simply because all phones out there have some issues or the other or compromise in some way or the other. Also in some ways the touch buttons save you the hassle of menu>options>scroll>select or options>scroll select in normal keypad. It has taken Nokia almost 3 years and 3 versions to get the n-95 generally reasonably ok.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sizzlingsam

please help!

my phone was having touch screen problem, i gave to nokia care and after 20days i got my phone back. toch screen issue was resolved.

They hav replaced the whole front panel. 

But i noticed that there was some thing missing under it on the top of panel, no cover on the speaker and the secondary camera is lill shifted to right. Nokia care says they can't do anything this is what they have recieved from the head office.

what the F@##, i belong to pune. Can any one please help me how can i escalate this.

This is not done i pay 22K for some thing n did nothing on the phone this is completely a manufacturing issue. Also i am also not the only one to face the issue. Never dropped or done nothing wrong with phone.

Did a bought this phone to test the new launch so that they can fix the issue in new handsets.

this is not done.

please some one help and suggest.

http://www.myglobalpage.com
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Reading this topic, nokia has a lott of work to do!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
madhushiv

Hey sizzlingsam,

if whtever mentioned here is true, then you go to Nokia Care and give your device back to them....never accept your device without all the problems getting solved....

before giving your phone, write the problems in a A4 sheet and make a copy and ask Nokia care people sign with seal....

you should talk with them very clearly.....if they are not lisneing to you, then tell them u r going to fila a case against Nokia Care centre...

I hope, Nokia care centre will take actions and satisfy you...

All the best...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

After recording a video (in all 4 supported file types/sizes) i'm unable to playback the video.

The thumbnail is generated OK. When i play the video the real player loader animates for a few seconds then pauses on the screen. If i touch the screen while this is happening the see the video time bar scrolling across but the video is completelty blank. The sounds from the video works.

(No i haven't got my thumb over the lens while recording)

If this something that can be fixed with a firmware update or will it be the daunting task of having it sent away to be fixed??

All help appreciated.
Appreciate my posts? - gimme some kudos and click teh star! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.