Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Post your N97 bugs here

Contributor

My Bugs

Alarm Bug:

i have the same problem with 2 minutes duration when setting an alarm. it seems, that all applications get a wrong time from the N97, like a 3rd party screensaver. it shows time+2 minutes.

Push Mail Notify:

when connected to a imap4 mailbox, the mails are received via push mail from provider, but the notification set in the profile won't work. no tone/vibra when a new mail is received. the push mailbox is my 2nd box and not marked as standard. when changing to standard it doesn't work also.

1994: gh198, gh337, gf337, 8110, T10, 6110, 6210, 6210, 7110, sl45i, 7650, p800, p910i, treo 650, 6230i, 6233, E70, E61i, E71, 5800, n97b, n97w, E71, E72 :now
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
s60mjk23

i just posted A thread  about this, The vibrator sounds like its dying at times, sounds like its going bad. 
Please use plain text.

Hy there
is any body have the same problem as i do with the unlock of the screen botton?
i have to switch it on and off 3 times before it is open (the screen)
when i switch it on first time there is no light on the screen so i have to lock and unlock again before i can use the screen..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

This is supposedly fixed in the V11 firmware, but I can't say I noticed much of an improvement.

Please use plain text.

so it is not a probelm in my device but a problem that nokia is aware about?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I HAVE SAME MESSAGING APPEAR PROBLEM SOMETIMES.ONLY BATTERY REMOVAL HELPS FOR A WHILE...
Please use plain text.

Hello everyone!

I usually don`t participate in forums because of busy schedule, but I joined this forum because I am i dissapoited NOKIA user.

So it took me quite a lot of time to get trough this long 20+ pages of posts. I took liberty to copy some, and they will be

posted later. For starters i want to say that I expected this fone would be something beyond, like the N95 when it was

released, but now I just know that this is some torndown N95 8gb with touchscreen.  But lets get to the point. I would

like to get some answers and some fixes of bugs and hardware upgrade from NOKIA.

Firs i found some "fixes"  for this phone and let me start with that.

My experience with this kind of bugs is to turn the teheme effects off. My problem was, that when you tried to do the

call diver, I got to the part when the procedure will ask you where do you want you divert to go. I select to other

number and bang....... im in main menu. With theme effects off...it works normally.

So theese problems can be fixed:

marcbyron:

Here are some other bugs: Has anyone tried to change the filename of a photo or tag it? It doesn't work. In "Details", when trying to change the filename, it lets you enter a new filename, but it just doesn't get applied to the photo.

Try tagging: When trying to do that, it will let you choose "New Tag", but then it just jumps back to the gallery.

Great phone, Nokia.

iceman9911:

And did anyone ever have a problem that when someone is calling your phone, and suddenly ring with the "nokia" ringtone instead of the the ringtone you set? well, mine does happen and did happen on the First day i bought N97 and everytime this happen i have to change the profile back and forth to fix it.

Kudos! Thanks!

I am having the same symptom ( bugs ) on my phone and they are wery anoing. So what can we do about this

problems:

Having a problem with the messaging application.When i click the icon , the scroll bar only is displayed,there are no meny items displayed on the screen. when i touch the screen for scroling the items appear. Is anyone else having this problem?

And did anyone ever have a problem that when someone is calling your phone, and suddenly ring with the "nokia" ringtone instead of the the ringtone you set? well, mine does happen and did happen on the First day i bought N97 and everytime this happen i have to change the profile back and forth to fix it.

About the low performance, reception, lens scratching.....i would like to qute this post:

subzone: 
Anyway due to the bugs and severe hardware limitations - i.e small memory, very poor signal reception Covers scratching camera lenses and the screen etc etc I reckon Nokia needs to recall all the N97 phones. It would be the respectable thing to do and may just salvage what little good will remains amoungst thier once loyal supporters.

This phone, it need more ram, it needs better touchscreen performance and usega integreted in the OS, like iPhone 

or googlePhone menu crousing. The same priciple as N97 has for browsing. You know where I`m pointing at?

I hope NOKIA will recall this phone and integrate more ram, or do the magic and bust up the RAM to 256MB, or tweak

the OS to work proper with this amout of ram an core speed.

For better buissiness results and more costumer sadisfaction I hope NOKIA will read this post and do something about it.

What happened to 3D egine ane HSDPA 7.2 spett. Let me mention the HSUPA tech., did you loose it along

the production? I`m not trying to be rood, but I`m a little **bleep** about this phone for 500€ you get

N95 ( minus IR, 3D engine, system stability, ....). That is just cruel to NOKIA fans....

Zm3-D3n

Please use plain text.
Advisor

in portrait mode, when use t9 the sign of the small or capital lettersyou can see the shadow of the previous sign, until you push that button again.
Please use plain text.
Professor
phatdumi

Can't Tag images FW V11
Hit Kudos if I Helped out.
Nokia 3310-> 8810->N95->N95 8Gb->
Nokia N97 Black v21.0.045 RM-505 Code-0585162 (handset No 3)
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Try turning the theme effects off. It helped in my case.

Nokia engeneers. can you tel us something? Do you ever read this forum? It would be nice if you could yust answer to posts with some reasonable ansvers....thnak you!

Message Edited by zmeden on 14-Jul-2009 10:58 AM
Please use plain text.
Professor
phatdumi

zmeden wrote:

Try turning the theme effects off. It helped in my case.

Nokia engeneers. can you tel us something? Do you ever read this forum? It would be nice if you could yust answer to posts with some reasonable ansvers....thnak you!

Message Edited by zmeden on 14-Jul-2009 10:58 AM

THANKS FOR THAT.

Hit Kudos if I Helped out.
Nokia 3310-> 8810->N95->N95 8Gb->
Nokia N97 Black v21.0.045 RM-505 Code-0585162 (handset No 3)
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Bluetooth:

When connected to car BT and you try to play music through speakers>disconnects BT connection>pauses music>reconnects. (takes AGES) but if FM transmitter is on then its ok.

Overall BT performance: connecting to car BT takes AGES (compared to N80) answering calls takes AGES. i.e. Music plays through FM>incoming call>silence 2-3seconds>start calling>you push answer>3-4seconds pause>now you can talk. NOKIA **bleep**?!

Then the other day i had this strange bug incoming sms doesnt popup. just appear silently in Inbox. I believe it has something to do with either BT connection or FM transmitter. Couldnt figure out how it happend. solved through restart.

Contacts: if you edit contacts info through Nokia Communication Centre

i.e.>

First name: Olli-Pekka Last name: Kallasvuo

it will appear in N97 contact list as

First name: Olli-Pekka Last name: Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo.

So if i want to add picture to my contacts I have to edit all those Last names in phone later..

And this is besides all those bugs and flaws metioned above which I have too..

Overall I'm done with it! Im selling this HALF phone..

F*! i've just presented some money for NOKIA.. Goodjob marketing guys.. but you know what? This will definately reflect on your stock prices and market share! So you will be the looser at the end!!! I'm going for the infamous iPhone which according to users actually WORKS.

From the NOKIA's part I'd fire all those people who are beeing resposible for releasing THIS SEMI-**bleep**-product on the market.

N97 features:

practically no free RAM (i've hoped I can browse flash-intesive sites with it but not a chance, yeah youtube works wohoo)

no C drive space (on which most of the internal apps seems to rely alot)

design flaws (camera scratches)

sh*loads of software bugs (mentioned above)

and some annoying undeletable adsoftware (boingo).

Message Edited by v0rtex on 14-Jul-2009 03:08 PM
Message Edited by v0rtex on 14-Jul-2009 03:08 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

FM transmitter does not transmit on frequencies between 87.5 and 88.1.

It is easy to select these frequencies on a radio and these frequncies are not used too much by radio stations. As such they are the best frequencies to use to transmit your audio form your device to your car stereo.  Other similar gadgets such as the iTrip can transmit at these frequencies so why not the N97? Hope it can be fixed ina firmware update as FM transmit would otherwise be a great feature.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

This one I REALLY hope is a bug, and not a feature...

When I have been, for example, in the Gallery or the Music Player or a folder, in the menu, and go out, by pushing the red End-button,

then the next time I push the menu-button, I'm landing where I left, ect. the Gallery, Music Player or if I had a folder open.

Please Nokia, when I press the menu-button, I expect to go to the menu, and not have to press back>back>back...

to get to the menu. It is pretty confusing, and timeconsuming.

I seem to remember that it was the same, on the 5800, but it is deffently not the case with my E61 and E71.

Message Edited by salbaek68 on 14-Jul-2009 05:32 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Here's a good one (Still on V10)

• Theme/Main Menu: If the font size is set to small in settings application it is possible to make the main menu app forget the setting. Open the main menu (press silver button) open "Photos" then press silver button (once or twice) to return to main menu. The icon headings will now be "normal/default" not small. Go into a sub menu (such as Applications) to reset the font size back to small
  • TouchScreen API: In some applications, when tapping the screen after launching, the phone will switch back to the main menu app and process the screen tap as if it was pressed when the main menu was active. Putty is an example of this, but I don't believe it to be a bug in putty, rather in the GUI
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nerds2you

I have found a "workaround" for a problem I have been having.  I have my contacts sorted into groups and have ringtones set for those groups and I also have ringtones set for some specific contacts as well.  I have been getting frustrated because anyone that is in a contact group or has a ringtone assigned to them (my ringtones are mostly .mp3's) the default Noka tone has been sounding for them. 

I just found that it seems to be caused by the music player running.  If I have music playing the ringers work properly during the first song but after the second or third song starts it reverts back to the default tone.  If I completely exit or even just pause the music player the correct custom ringtone plays.  THIS IS VERY ANNOYING!  

I really hope there is another firmware update soon that will take care of this and many more of the bugs.

Claudio Cividino
Nerds 2 You
http://www.nerds2you.ca
Please use plain text.
Sage

I just found yet another bug: Virtual Keypad for dialer doesn't function. I can not enter my passcode for VM as the keypad does not work or produce touch tones any longer. I would like to know what the key codes are for a hard reset and soft reset. I have already reinstalled the FW twice now and to no avail- it's still hosed and mighty bad. Has anyone had luck with a hard reset? I remember doing that with my Nokia E71 when I first got it and it made things worse. Let me know if you have had luck with either method. cmcken1
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

only the first two apply to n97 not the third as there is no official hard reset combination for the phone. 

1. *#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data)
Make sure you back up your data as you will lose all of it when you perform option 2 or 3 on this list. The default code for all operations listed here is 12345

2. *#7370# - Reformat your phone

3. This you perform as a last resort. Nothing else is working.If the phone is not showing any activity, proceed with hard formatting , turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button. (the default code is 12345)
hard reset - hold the following buttons *, 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding all three buttons ( for Nokia 5800XM - use the following buttons to do a hard reset, GREEN/RED/CAMERA keys pressed all at once on power up. this will only work on 5800's that have firmware version 20... and up. )

If these codes are not working the only thing for you to do is contact your Nokia Care Center/Service for assistance.

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]
  Great, I love this site. Too bad I don't feel that way towards this device. EDIT: Does the "restore factory settings" in the device GUI also perform the same as *#7780#?
Message Edited by cmcken1 on 14-Jul-2009 02:29 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

yes you are 100% correct it is the same thing the code and restore factory settings. 

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.