Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problem with Nokia 5800 touch screen

Registered Member

My nokia 5800 touch screen works fine for 10-12 hours and after that it just stop responding to touch. Whenver i touch on any of the menu options it registers touch but the function doesn't get open. Once i restart the phone it works fine and again after 10-12 hours this problem starts. I got the set replaced by another 5800 and even my new set is having the same problem. Kindly let me know about any solution for this problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Problem with Nokia 5800 touch screen

Hi,

Same problem I am facing, If you found any solution then plz let me know.

sam

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lord_phoenix

Looks like my problem. I took it to service center. They replaced the whole display. It took 2 weeks for that.
Nokia 5800 Xpress Music + 8 Gb Nokia microSD class 6
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

if you guys are already using the latest firmware then i think it would be sae to assume that you may have got a phone from a falty batch.

the new firmware does improve display and response of the OS touc screen.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I've been having the same problem for the past few days and i was getting frustrated so I used an extra phone until a moment ago...

Take off the screen protector

If you dont have a screen protector, then i don't know what to tell you.

Hope this helped some!

Please use plain text.
irishgremlin1

My phone has just done this today...I sent a text, locked my phone, unlocked it about 5 minutes later and the touch screen has just stopped responding alltogether....Help!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bonjolperkasa

My 5800 touch screen does not work at all.
in the solution please help ....?
Please use plain text.