Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problem with music player.

Counsellor
LiptonICEI
Accepted Solution

Problem with music player.

OMG. :smileymad:

I'm tired of making inquiries in the forum because of the problems that brings Symbian Belle. I have problems with the device memory, problem with the icon of the line in use, problems with the 'Nokia Internet Radio', problems with the image gallery (no video listed there), I have ALL PROBLEMS! Worst of all is that the forum still has not given me ANY PROBLEM SOLUTION. :smileyfrustrated:

The problem with the music player is as follows:

The groups are sorted by alphabetical order, however, those groups that start with the article "The" are positioned anywhere (see images).

What happend NOW? :smileysurprised:

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Here you can see other images.

Please at least give me the solution to this problem.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I don't think there is a "solution" to this "problem" as it's a popular way to index by ignoring the word "the" and alphabetalising the rest.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

:smileyhappy:

Perhaps I am tired but that are actually as all music players should sort groups and artists..A B C D..Most people with huge music collections prefer not to involve "the" when sorting music in folders in huge servers containing music. Actually more people complaing the other way around...well just a brief thought from me.

Try out Folders Play in nokia store otherwise if you are not satisfied.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Try the new music players:
Tunewiki,
Quasar MX, and
Moodagent.
in Nokia store.
:smileyhappy:

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

@

So why do not all groups that begin with "The" are at the beginning? 'The Agonist' is at the beginning, 'The Buggles' is between 'Britney' and 'Callejeros' ... 'The Cranberries' and 'The Cure' is between 'Callejeros' and 'Cyndi Lauper' ...

They should all be in the first place?

Thanks to others for their answers, but I like the Nokia Music Player.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Next update should solve this problem with the music player.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

LiptonICEI wrote:

@rayhipkiss

So why do not all groups that begin with "The" are at the beginning? 'The Agonist' is at the beginning, 'The Buggles' is between 'Britney' and 'Callejeros' ... 'The Cranberries' and 'The Cure' is between 'Callejeros' and 'Cyndi Lauper' ...

They should all be in the first place?

Thanks to others for their answers, but I like the Nokia Music Player.

This is correct. The music player ignores the word "The" then looks at the first letter of the next word to put it into the correct alphabetical order. So, if you were looking for a track by The Doors for instance, you would look in the "D's" rather than the "T's".

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Hi. I get it, okay. I think this would not be a nuisance anyway. We solved the issue by. Thank you very much. :smileyhappy:
Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.