Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problems with N8 after updating to Nokia Belle...

Contributor

Problems with N8 after updating to Nokia Belle.

Since updating my Nokia N8 to Nokia Belle this morning, I have noticed several different issues that have caused my phone to not work properly. Since the update I can no longer access Ovi Social, when I open the app it asks me for my login details. When you try to log in you get the error "unale to connect to gateway. Please try again". I have tried logging in through my WLAN connection and also with my data provider. Both of these didn't have a problem with connecting before Belle was installed. 

Another problem I am having is downloading the Ovi Suite upgrade '3.20.050', as far as I am aware, before the Belle update I was up to date with the Ovi Suite, so I am not sure if this update was also put on air today as well as the belle update. When I download the update (which is roughly 4mb), It tries to install, waits a few seconds and then fails. I have tried this numerous times today, thinking originally that the store must be at high demand due to the update, but after 10 hours of originally trying, I am still unable to update.

Thirdly, as the new update would of wiped all of my settings off my phone, I tried to add my email back to my phone. I went through the step up wizard, adding my email address, password, etc. I get the message 'Cannot enable the mail service that allows you to fully experience your favourie providers because connection to the mail server is not possible with the settings provided.  Selec Next to set up mailbox without this service. You can attempt to connect to the server by adjuting the mailbox settings later.' After clicking next I am brought to an inputting menu, asking for mailbox type, incoming mail server, incoming mail security, incoming port number, outgoing mail server etc. Most of the fields have a star next to them, meaning that information has to be inputted before clicking next. When I first got my N8, this menu did not appear and the wizard would automatically set my emails up for me.

I would like to know if the nokia servers are causing me to have problems with their apps, e.g. with them being in high demand or is it at my end that has the problems?

I have already asked Nokia on twitter who told me to do a hard restart. I don't really want to do this because I can imagine it being a major ball ache, being very time consuming and cause more problems than actually solve them. I have also look all around the net today looking for people with similair problems, but as of yet I haven't found anyone, which is why I am here as a last resort.

Thankyou for any suggestions and tips in advane, David.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tastatur

Re: Problems with N8 after updating to Nokia Belle.

actually you can go to this address to realize that many people have same problem like yours :-)
/t5/Software-Updates/bd-p/swupdate

my N8 cannot connect to internet with UMTS or wireless lan anymore after upgrading to Belle too -,-
Please use plain text.
orion737

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem after updating to Belle - worst thing I've done. Consumed already like 6 or 7 hours.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
flybye77

servers were overloaded apparently!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
savarchopra

then what is the solution for this :squint: wlan problems
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have got my Ovi Store working, I have been looking around the forum, after reading numerous threads I have found to solution to update the store. Download it from here:

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/store-qml-client?restsso_passive=true

Before downloading this, I would try going to your settings and then time & date. Somehow, after the Belle update the time and date was wrong, the phone had automatically set my date to 02/10/2011 and the time was a few minutes out too. I think this could of made the phone not allow any installations. I hope this helps you out guys!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
djaghera

hi, 

i updated my Nokia N8-00 last night with Nokia Suite and symbian Belle was successfully installed in it. . 

It worked for few hours and i installed few applications from Nokia Store and was everything fine. . 

But suddenly in the morning my phone switched off and never started again. . I treid to start but only Nokia was appearing on the screen and it was unable to boot further. . right now i gave the phone in Nokia Care, they told it takes around 10-12 days to get the phone back from Company. .

Kindly guide me for the problem as i am completely helpless without my Phone working. . 

Regards,

Dhaval Aghera

djaghera
Please use plain text.
orion737

I had the same problem with N8 - Solved with formating micro SDHC card. You  can use any one it dosen't have to be the same one you had . Just put in a 1GB SDHC Memory card and format it and you will get you WIFI and Mobile Data back.:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
seedub

I too had the problem of my connections not connecting after the Belle update but also noticed that Fsecure (comes with Belle) kept crashing and would hang the phone requiring me to hold the on/off button for 8 secs to reset. Once I uninstalled Fsecure my connections came back online and my N8 now works great.

Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cbod991

How do you uninstall Fsecure?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cbod991

Go to this feed. It will fix your problem. My N8 s working great and I can access both 3G connection and WiFi!!!!!

try this: /t5/Software-Updates/Possible-solution-for-quot-Connection-failed-Access-denied-quot/td-p/1306543

Please use plain text.
thombella

[ Edited ]

Hi

To remove The Fsecure

try this put your finger on the application and there should be a pop up menu with remove function and just click it it worked by me - the app is gone 

Please use plain text.
roostersr74

OH WHY OH WHY did I do this update! My issues are:

Can't see with OVI suite a video I recorded this morning; will play on the phone but try to extract it to the desktop thru the phone suite the folder is blank.

My internet WILL not turn off. 3G connections come on and stay on (unless deactivated by the new slide down connection screen. Connection Manager screen faults messaging as the app that doesn't stop. Status is inactive yet stays on for hours.

I had the last issue with the previous version; but master rebooting the phone when it happened kept it at bay for least a week or two.

Not sure about the Wi-Fi logo staying on all the time either. Anybody have the same issues I have?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
secarica

Regarding the video or pictures not showing on PC, note that the imaging directory (folder) is now called DCIM and is located in the root of either mass memory or memory card (as defined in foto settings). Maybe you or your application is searching in the old location ?

Cristi

Please use plain text.
indyjones

AAAARGH!! al the above problems and also cannot send multi media files, keeps coming up with error connecting/no connection see your provider?? can I uninstall belle and go back to the old version which actually worked!! I'm on O2 and a load of Vodaphone apps have been installed **bleep**!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
harishreddy

thanqsssssss a lot
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kush_fifa

my phone memory ie c drive has increased suddenlh from118 mb to 98 mb
Please use plain text.
ivylee318

am experiencing the same problem...upgraded my n8 to nokia belle yesterday and i can't set up my mailbox thru packet data or wlan usage anymore. i get "unable to connect to mail service server. try again later" prompt on my phone. it is important that i receive my mails asap...i hope nokia will have a solution to this immediately...
Please use plain text.
rohin07

No such problems. W lan /UMTS working fine. The phone sometime seems to hang a bit ( becomes unresponsive) but recovers after some time.  May be a teething problem with new software.

If it is some other prob let me know...

orion737 wrote:

I have the same problem after updating to Belle - worst thing I've done. Consumed already like 6 or 7 hours.

Please use plain text.
rohin07

Problems with N8 after updating to Nokia Belle. Certain apps doesn't work

Certain apps doesn't work. Like nokia developer belle is not responsive. pls guide.

Please use plain text.