Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: S60v5 MSN Messenger

Professor
rasmus
Accepted Solution

S60v5 MSN Messenger

[ Edited ]

I just formated my phone...again...

MSN messenger is no longer in the OVI store? thus it is not downloadable? can anyone confirm why this is or where it went?

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/windows-live/download-foir-s60-devices

I love my purple screen, 1/2 day battery, sketchy touch screen and $800 price tag - I call it my Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

if you join Daily mobile forum and go here you can get it !

http://forum.dailymobile.se/index.php/topic,426.0.html

Good luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
rasmus

that is the old version with chinese junk in it - i am talking about the latest version that was released by nokia in November.

I love my purple screen, 1/2 day battery, sketchy touch screen and $800 price tag - I call it my Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

I know this is not the answer to your question, but I prefer Nimbuzz.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

[ Edited ]

msnHi Rasmus, have you actually tried it, I had same problem, and this works exactly the same as version originally at Ovi Store, been using it for about 3 months, works fine and restores my Hotmail every time I need to reset, sorry if it's no good mate, but it works for me, and was the only plave I could find it, let me know if you find a better version.

Cheers

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor

It's still in the store:

http://store.ovi.com/content/16229?clickSource=search

But not available for every phone. For my N97 mini for instance, it's not available. Removed for good reason I guess, since I downloaded Windows Live Messenger for S60v5 from another source, but it's not working (hangs during setup, downloading contacts never finishes).

Please use plain text.
Professor
rasmus

So it is - when i sign in, and click the link i get a message:

Sorry, this item is not available for the Nokia N97.
Browse more great content in the "Related" section below.

Please use plain text.
Professor
mccoy1

Yes, msn live is no longer available for N97. I don't know why tho!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

After Hard resetting my phone I lost the Windows live messenger too eventhough it was installed on the memory card. So as it is no longer available for some reason on ovi store for my 5800 for example (It was working very fine), I downloaded it from here:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/dmmta1yb4aj/Windows_Live_Messenger.sisx

and it is working fine.

Please use plain text.
Professor
XploitMachine

Google will always be our best friend ..

http://mynokiamobile.org/2009/06/23/windows-live-messenger-for-nokia-5800-n97/

I'm an Xploit - Please feel free to post your issues, feedbacks in this discussion forum and I'll do my level best to help, otherwise my knowledged friends whom are around willing to help you. Thank you !
Please use plain text.
Professor
rasmus

[ Edited ]

Turns out that MSN is either going into the 'OVI Contacts' or the 'Nokia Messaging IM' - you would think they would keep one up until the other is released..........

On that note - why does Nokia have to call everything NOKIA MESSAGING - it is rather confusing, what would one call the Regular app that is built right into the phone (text, email, mms) as that is the one i use that i want an update for!!!! 2010 and no HTML mail support - SAD!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Epstein

There is an error in the application that is why it was removed from the Ovi Store. That is according to the email that I received from them when I asked. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Professor
XploitMachine

Just change the phone model to 5800 n download, its compatible ..
I'm an Xploit - Please feel free to post your issues, feedbacks in this discussion forum and I'll do my level best to help, otherwise my knowledged friends whom are around willing to help you. Thank you !
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks jino, from your given website I downloaded and installed the Live Messenger and it works perfectly :smileyhappy: better than the IM Beta version. This is because this software comes from Microsoft :smileyhappy: Receiving and sending msg takes 1 sec while IM Beta from Nokia takes more than 10 secs :smileysad:.
Please use plain text.