Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

SIP on Nokia 500

SpinningHead

SIP on Nokia 500

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I bought this phone mainly because of the SIP functionality, however that exact function doesn't seem working properly:

Outgoing calls don't work at all, "<SIP-Provider> service not available". However, it works fine when you append "@sip.provider.tld" to phone numbers in the adress book. That seems strange to me, you should be able to just enter the phone number and hit Options->"<SIP-Provider> call", at least that's how the provider explains it on the E60.

Any ideas except waiting for Belle? (Edit: Oh, and Dear Nokia, please make sure that this works in Belle before shipping it, thank you very much.)

Kind regards.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alex21210

Re: SIP on Nokia 500

Hi

Could you help me with nokia 500 sip settings ???

I 've registered baut I can't make and receive calls ...

Do you have a internet call widget ??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marefaat

Re: SIP on Nokia 500

Please, if anyone could help me registering my sip account on nokia 500. I don't have any clue how to do this, and I tried to read the manual, they say to install an internet call widget.

What is this widget as I have tried to search it on ovi store and can not find it.

Please, help me with this in details if possible.

Please use plain text.